Two

He shuffled past me to get in, not bothering to meet my eyes.

"Got any rum?" He asked, eyes looking around the house.

"I thought you hated rum," I stated, leading him to the kitchen where the  alcohol cabinet was.

"I used to..." He trailed off, rubbing his arm.

"Look man," I sighed, pouring the Bacardi into the glass, "If you want to talk, then talk. Don't act nervous and fragile around me- it's not going to work."

It's not you I almost said, thinking back to the millions of sarcastic comments he would make a day and how confident he used to be- how'd he do everything in an I-really-don't-give-a-shit-about-what-you're-thinking-I'll-do-whatever-I-want attitude.

"Sorry," he mumbled. I passed him the glass and leaned on the counter, taking a sip, "So what. Why are you here Ry-" I paused, almost calling him Ryro, like I used to in the studio all those years ago, "an." I finished.

"Can we sit down? I've been pacing for the last couple hours..." He asked, leaning toward the couch.

I nodded my head and we both headed to the couch, with an uncomfortable distance and silence between us.

It almost killed me. We used to be closer than Bonnie and Clyde. He used my best friend for years- we told each other everything, we were there for each other whenever-never mattered what we were doing. Our priorities were each other. We had cried and laughed and sung together as Best Friends. And then when we dated- when we dated it was like a dream. All the cuddles and laughs and kisses... I don't think there was a time we were unhappy when we dated, and now

And now we sat at opposite ends of the couch, drinking rum, with an unbelievably cold tension in the air from words spoken years ago, and words that may be spoken in the matter of seconds.

****

AN// Okay yeah it's super short sorry the last chapter was like 800 words and this one's barely 400 but I felt like updating so... Yeah mkay

Keep hydrated and stay safe and all that cool stuff

FALL OUT BYYEEEE

-S