Five

Considering Ryan was still slightly intoxicated and I was no help to that, it took us an hour and a half to get where Ryan wanted to go instead of two hours.

"Dude," I laughed "how the fuck did you not get pulled over?" I asked, getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.

"I don't know!" Ryan giggled "It must have been my good looks and charm."

Ryan started leading me into the woods, me- still getting over the alcohol didn't give a fuck where they were going until a good 10 minutes later.

"Bro where the fuck are you taking me?" I asked, concerned that Ryan was just drunk and stumbling through the forest.

"There's a place I used to go to... When we used to fight." Ryan explained, slowing down his pace, "We're almost there."

He was right, we were almost there, at least where I guessed "there" was.

I heard the sound of crashing on a shore, the white sound of water flowing and the small sound of rocks tossing in a pattern.

The lake approached us slowly- or we approached it, I'm just getting over the alcohol.

"So what, you'd just sit here?" I asked, looking out into the water, leaning on a tree.

"I'd sit right there," Ryan started, pointing to an old dock, "and if think of all the things I wanted to say to you."

I stayed quiet, not exactly knowing how to carry on the conversation, luckily I didn't have to, Ryan took my wrist and pulled me towards the old, run down dock, "Come on, dickhead." He smirked.

I stumbled behind him, looking down making sure I don't trip and fall on some random rock, or just my luck, my self.

As we approached the dock, he let go on my wrist and we walked side by side, exchanging glances at each other.

My anxiety built up, quick. I was alone, on an old, shaky, decomposing dock, with my ex-Best Friend, Lover and Bandmate in the middle of nowhere.

"Um Bren, you okay?" Ryan looked at me nervously as we shuffled onto the dock.

In Between shaky breaths I responded, "Peachy."

"Brendon if you don't want to-"

"Ryan we're getting on the edge of this fucking dock. Okay." It was more of a reassurance for me than it was for him, but he raised an eyebrow and continued onto the dock slowly.

We were both nervous as fuck, that I was sure of. We both had the same feeling that this thing would just fucking collapse as we sat on it. The sun was starting to set, which didn't make the situation any less awkward than it already was. In my eyes, anyway. I thought it was awkward. What was going to happen? Why the fuck did Ryan bring me out here for? Did he want to fucking talk about what happened between us? Or did he just wanna watch a romantic sunset with me because of how adorable and handsome I was?

Ryan had his feet dangled just above the water so it didn't touch his Vans, whereas I sat crisscrossed looking out towards the water.

A few moments went by before I felt obliged to break the silence between us.

"Can you please fucking say something I feel really weird and awkward."

"I was actually planning to stay silent the whole time, just to creep you out." He said with a straight face.

"Haha you Douche, why'd you bring me out here." I rolled my eyes and rested my hands behind me.

"You're not going to think I'm a total fucking pansy if I spill my heart out will you?" Ryan asked, slightly smiling-probably though the embarrassment of having to ask.