Three

"Look Bren..don- I'm sorry for just showing up so unexpected it's just- just this has been on my mind for a while." He said, turning to face me.

I scoffed, "What? Ten years?"

"Look man- I know. I know it was wrong of me just to ditch you like that and say those things. I'm sorry I hurt you but guess what I hurt too. And saying those horrible things it kills me everytime I think about it. Everything I did to hurt you- God it was just so stupid of me... I really am sorry Bren." He tried looking me in the eye, but this time I was the one looking at the floor- with one word racing though my head and I was honestly ashamed that this one thing was what I was thinking about as he just gave me his best Ryan Ross apology he just came up with on the spot. And that word?

Was No.

No. This bastard can't be apologizing. I'm supposed to be mad at him. He should be the jerk who left me in pieces. The bad guy. What now? Now he's just the one that used to be the bad guy but is okay. I don't want him to stop being the bad guy. I want to still hate him and let life go on the way it was.

And then again I wanted to be best friends again. I wanted to call him up and go to the bar and get drunk and go  to the studio to write lyrics that don't make sense and complain about problems and do random tackles on each other at any given moment.

"And there's a problem Brenny Boy..." He looked down again obviously embarrassed and scared at the same time.

"So what is it Ryan? What's the problem?" I growled, slapping the couch in frustration. Why can't we just be us again.

"Brendon, I- I miss you" he stuttered, voice small and low like he was talking to a teacher on the first day of school.  I... I miss my Best Friend." He sighed, lifting and turning his head to look at me again.

Oh...

"Ryan-"

"No no no princess listen here." He cut me off with the sarcastic tone coming back. "Tell me, look me in my beautiful brown eyes and tell me that you don't miss being friends. That you don't miss performing Northern Downpour on stage with me. Why'd you take it off the set list Brendon? I've seen the Live in Chicago performance. You cried. You do miss me and you know it so why do you refuse to forgive me." 

"I've built walls Ryan." I replied with a small voice, looking him in the eyes.

God I missed his eyes.

"I know we can't go back to normal just like that- Even though I want to I know it's not possible. We can never go back to those Pretty. Odd. days. When we were younger- but I want things to be right again. Spencer and I worked things out, and  now I think we can too. And when- when your ready to let me in I'll be waiting at the gates."

"Ryan your songwriter side is showing." I whispered, smiling.

"Brendon your gay is showing." He replied, pouncing over to me and putting me into a headlock.

I laughed and he tasseled my hair singing, "you missseeeeddd meeee."

"Stop! Stop Ryan!" I giggled trying to get out.

"What? 'Ryan wet willy me'? Well if you say so..." He smiled.

It was just like the good ol' days when we used to do the randomest shit to each other.

I felt my back press into his chest, fitting perfectly just like it used to. Like two puzzle pieces. I felt his chest vibrate from his laughing, felt the beat of his heart and the warmth of his body on my half covered spine.

His finger got closer to my ear and I screamed, slapping his arm away but to no avail.

Then the door opened.

He both dead stopped and looked at each other before staring intently at the hallway.

"BRENDON! IM HOME!" I heard the most beautiful voice in the world squeal.

"Is that Sarah?" Ryan whispered in my ear, releasing me from his grip.

I nodded my head in shock that Sarah was home so early.

"Is she as pretty as I remember?" He whispered again.

I smiled and nodded again. "Prettier"

"So are you gonna get up or stay on my chest?" He whispered again.

"I'll stay here, thanks"

She walked into the living room and stopped, looking at Ryan like a stranger. "Hey Ryan." She acknowledged and walked into the kitchen, getting a soda from the fridge.

The room stayed quiet as I watched my wonderful wife open the Coke and lean on the counter top.

"You boys having fun?" She questioned, staring back at us as we were at her.

Ryan got off of me and readjusted his clothes.

"We'regoodthanks why are you home?" I questioned.

"Are you disappointed to see me or something?" She giggled.

"What?! No! Just wasn't expecting you."

"Sorry to interrupt your little- whatever that was... The flight to Vegas was canceled so I'm back." She opened her arms presenting herself and laughing.

"Well good I was secretly hoping it would be," I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Right, okay well I'll just be in the bath so you guys keep doing... Whatever," she declared, looking at us like aliens. Walking up the stairs, without looking down, she called to me "Brendon fix your shirt."

I looked down to see my shirt almost all the way up my chest and quickly pulled it down, blushing.

Once she was up the stairs, Ryan whispered, "there goes that porn movie I wanted to shoot."

I looked at him with a smile and elbowed him in the chest, "shut up you ass."

AN// inconsistent chapter lengths don't you love me? Okay well yep that's that um I'm going to guess another four or five chapters and this fic is done so... Yeah okay. (Oh and sorry about grammar or spelling errors if there are any, Livy wanted this early so here)

Stay safe and hydrated and that cool stuff

FALL OUT BYEEEEEEE

Kay bye ❤️

-S