Eight

Guess who's back (back again)

"You know what? You're forgiven. Fuck you. Now please leave me alone for the rest of my life." I scoffed and rolled my eyes, staring to walk away.

Ryan lunged and grasped my wrist, "You're my boy. Always will be," he stared me dead in the eyes, "wether you like that or not." He whispered. "You mean so much to me Bren. Don't end it like this again, we can't end on an argument every time we meet. I love you, that doesn't necessarily mean romantically. I kissed you, I didn't mean that romantically either, if I did," he smirked, "you would have known. you're a married and changed man Bren."

I stared at him dumbfounded. I had no idea what to do.  I want to say everything's fine, and just forget everything. Forget anything ever happened besides the apology. None of the angst or sadness or anxiety. I mean fuck, we're not in high school, why does everything have to be so dramatic? Just say 'forget it man' and move on. It's just a kiss, I kissed Dallon and and Kenny when we were on tour on stage, how is this different? We're both still recovering from alcohol and, how can you go over an hour with me without feeling the need to kiss me? I mean it's honestly not his fault I'm so good looking.

So, that's exactly, what I did.

"Fuck it, whatever man. Let's just forget it happened." I mumbled and shook him off my hand. "Wanna end this night on a high and go to a bar or something?"

"Bden should we really be drinking again? I don't think my liver can handle it." He groaned.

"Wow when did you turn into such a pussy? Drinks on me Ry, come on." I said, giving him the classic Puppy Dog Eyes™.

"What the fuck why not?" Ryan laughed, we walked off of the dock- still in fear that it would collapse and sink us in the dark abyss of the water.

He nudged my shoulder with his own, , "maybe we can shoot that porn movie as a three way now", he winked.

"Fuck off." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Do you think Spencer would wanna do it?" He said, stumbling on a tree root as he walked.

"I'm pretty sure the answer is yes." I replied, smirking from his almost fall.

***

I don't really know what I expected to happen. I mean, this isn't some movie where the heartbroken couple goes to some romantic sene and has a domestic argument and an angsty plot line, then something happens unexpectedly, and they both have feelings that start haunting them and they don't know how to solve the situation. I mean, Ryan and I got three out of four of those boxes checked, but the end wasn't what I thought it would be. 'Fuck it whatever man'? How anti- climatic. After all that I seriously thought something big and dramatic was going to happen. But to no alas.

I'm glad it happened the way it did. That was enough drama to last me another teenage lifetime. I didn't need a high stress ending. I was expecting it to play out differently, but sometimes life just doesn't do that. We don't get the imaginary conversations we make up in our heads in reality.

The girl doesn't make eye contact with the boy and start flirting with him and fall in deep meaningful love.

The ex-friend doesn't come running up to apologize to you after a week of not talking.

Nothing happens the way you want it to- it's probably Hollywood's fault we think like this anyway.

Do we all believe our life is a movie? Things turn out unexpectedly, what am I going to do about it?

Sometimes that's for the better, when life throws you off script, there is usually a good reason for it and a good result that comes after.

And my good result was sitting next to Ryan on a spinny stool at a bar, drinking our intestines to death, laughing and talking like the old days and like nothing's happened since 07, then stumbling back home, leaving his car who knows where, and going into the studio to write the first song together in over ten years.

And damn, I couldn't ask for anything more.

AN:

I kinda didn't like this chapter.

I feel like we started off with a medium, the middle was  high af and the ending is just kinda

Eh.

BUT if I thought it was actual shit I wouldn't post it, so here you go.

DESPITE THE STEREOTYPICAL HOLLYWOOD ENDING THIS ISN'T THE LAST CHAPPPPTTTERRRRRR.

SURPRISE BITCHES.

I'm gonna write the fight between Beebo and Ryro because I love putting myself through misery and tourchure.

But it's for you guys so I don't mind.

I haven't updated in like 5 or 6 weeks because I was just in a puddle of self pity/hate so you know how that goes.

I hope you all had an amazing week, do whatever you can to be happy. Open a window, try playing an instrument. Take an hour to listen to classical music and just think, it's good for you.

Take care of yourselves kittens, make sure you're happy and healthy and hydrated. It's important.

Okay until next time.

FALL OUT BYEEEEE

*sigh*

-S