t h i r t e e n

Troye somehow managed to sneak himself back into his household before the brink of midnight, making sure to keep his movements quiet and hesitant as he closed his front door.

He assumed he had got away with things as he began to tread carefully up the stairs, but was interrupted by a familiar voice as he reached the fourth step.

"Where have you been?"

He sighed heavily, craning his neck to see none other than Sage standing behind him.

"With Blessing, remember?"

"Liar." Sage shook her head, narrowing her eyes.

Troye spluttered slightly. "And why would I lie?"

"Blessing isn't the type of person to call you for 'crisis' reasons. Caspar maybe, but never Blessing."

Troye scowled to himself, frustrated but impressed by his sisters intuition as she stepped forward.

"It doesn't matter where I've been, okay? Mum and Dad think that I've been with Blessing, and that's the way I want things to stay."

"Fine." Sage shrugged. "But if you don't tell me then I'll tell them you lied."

Troye glared at her, his annoyance evident. "Why are you so intent on knowing?"

"Because, despite the fact I'm your little sister, I still worry about you Troye." Sage sounded genuinely concerned as she tread further up the steps.

Troye sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before pulling Sage towards him.

"I'm always safe Sage."

"Then why did you lie?" She whispered as they both began to tip-toe back up the stairs, keeping the noise to a minimum as they walked towards Troye's bedroom door.

"Because some things are just better left unsaid."

Sage remained quiet for a long while, before the realisation dawned upon her.

"You were with Connor, weren't you?"

Troye remained tight lipped, which only confirmed Sage's suspicions. She smirked, leaning against the door frame as her brother stared at the floorboards.

"You're not denying it. Why be so secretive about Connor?"

"Why should I bother? Because I knew you'd be the one to question me on it." Troye murmured, lifting his eyes back up to see that Sage was grinning.

"Were you on a date?"

Troye sniggered to himself. "Hardly."

"Then what were you doing?"

Troye shook his head. "I really don't want to talk about it now. Maybe in the morning."

Sage didn't seem too impressed with the idea, but nodded nonetheless.

"We'll speak tomorrow. Promise." Troye reassured her, before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Now, go to sleep. It's late."

Sage didn't argue with that, yawning to herself before pulling away and wandering into her own bedroom. Troye found his own eyes drooping as he turned on his heels, stretching before stripping down to his underwear and clambering into bed.

As his head hit the pillow, his thoughts began to drift towards Connor again, within the club setting. Before he knew it he had fallen into a dreamlike state, light breaths escaping his parted lips as he visited the world of rest.

-

Troye found himself blinking rapidly in the presence of overbearing light, his sight taking a moment to adjust as he sat up. He had determined that, despite the fact he was aware of the fact he was asleep, he still didn't have the ability to wake himself up.