e i g h t e e n

Troye was frightened.

And it wasn't just because of the fact he had promised to help Connor out of a particularly difficult situation with The Lovers Club.

It was because everything between them both had suddenly become so much more real.

After the trapped-in-the-library-closet incident, Troye had found himself falling into a pit of despair. The fact that he had lied to Connor about looking in his private notebook was playing on his mind, not to mention that he was trying to juggle his ever-growing feelings and also forming a plan to help Connor get his life back on track.

That night, Troye found himself lying in his bed wide awake until the very early hours. Each word that had been uttered in the closet and the things he had seen written were playing on his mind, and he couldn't help but wonder how different things would've been if he had just told Connor the truth. He wondered if Connor would've walked out of the library if he had known Troye had looked at something that was evidently personal to him. Would he still talk to him? Regard him as a friend? Or would they become strangers again?

Troye shuddered at the very thought.

It now seemed like a foreign concept now, them being strangers. In the past few weeks, Connor had become all that Troye had ever known. He had been the person who Troye had thought about when falling asleep at night, the boy who had even appeared in a couple of innocent (and not so innocent) dreams, a person who he felt he couldn't be without. Troye was having trouble remembering what life had been like before him, in all honesty.

His thoughts were cut off by a text alert on his iPhone, the noise making him curse to himself silently just in case it woke any of the household up. Surprisingly, the text came from Caspar.

from: caspar

where did you disappear off to today? after the toilets?

Troye smirked, typing back a quick reply.

to: caspar

i was going to ask you the same thing...

Troye chuckled to himself, not expecting such a quick reply as his screen lit up again with the notification.

from: caspar

headmistress was pissed at joe and i for cutting class but she said we were free to get it on in our own time - join us maybe? ;)

Troye shuddered at the very mental image.

to: caspar

i figured and...no thank you, i think i can safely pass upon that

from: caspar

im the best you're ever going to get bitch, your loss!

Troye shook his head lightly, setting down his phone and choosing not to reply. As his head was about to hit the pillow, Sage appeared at his door.

"Did your phone go off?" She asked, yawning slightly during the sentence. Her hair was slightly messy as she leaned against the frame, trying his hardest not to fall back asleep before Troye answered the question.

"Yeah. Just Caspar, no big deal."

"Not Connor?" Sage smirked, tipping her head affectionately.

"No. He's probably asleep right now." Troye said, though a part of him wondered whether he was actually at The Lovers Club getting more cash and facing more customers that abused their power over him.

He felt sick at the very thought.

"Everything okay Troye?" Sage suddenly sounded very awake, obviously concerned by her brothers sudden shift in emotions.