Chapter 38

BLAIR POV

Ever since Wesley's dad came to visit, Wesley's been happier than I've ever seen him. It was like he's gotten part of his groove back. His smile has been brighter, he's laughed more, and just overall been happier. 

The two went out a few times to get food and just hang out together. I really hoped Mr. Foster was serious about his apology and hope to get back to the way things used to be, because I don't want to think of how Wesley would feel if things didn't work out between them. 

One night I was studying in my room alone while Wesley and his father went out to dinner when there was a knock at the door. "One second!" I called, setting my textbook down. I opened the door slowly and found two men standing there. I recognized Officer Willows and then next to him was a man dressed in a crisp grey suit. 

"Hello.." I greeted slowly. 

"Hi Blair." Officer Willows greeted, nodding his head. "Is Wesley Foster here?" He asked. 

I shook my head, "No he's out right now. Is there something wrong? Or something I can help with?" I asked, starting to get concerned. 

The other man just looked at Officer Willows. I was nervous, what was going on?

"No we're just looking for Wesley. Any idea when he'll be back?" Officer Willows asked.

"Well he went out to dinner about an hour ago so he should be somewhat soon." I answered with a shrug. 

"Okay we'll come back. Thank you for your time." The other man said. I nodded and shut the door. 

I debated whether or not to text Wesley. I didn't want to worry him and interrupt his time out with his dad, but I also felt her should get a heads up. 

---BREAK---

WESLEY POV

"Go! Go! Go!" We screamed at the television in sync. We were at a sports pub down the road from campus watching a hockey game together while eating dinner. Dad and I used to always watch hockey together, it was kind of our thing, and it felt good to be doing it again. 

As I ate my burger, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled my phone out and saw a message from Blair. 

Blair: Hey just wanted to give you a heads up that Officer Willows and some other man came to the room earlier and were looking for you. Wouldn't give me any information, they were just looking for you. 

"That's strange." I murmured to myself as I slipped my phone in pocket. 

"What's strange?" Dad asked, looking over at me. 

"Blair just texted me and said Officer Willows, the head of campus security, and some other guy came over to the room looking for me." I explained. 

"Any idea why?" Dad asked. 

I shrugged, "Maybe an after meeting after I got arrested." I answered.

 "Should we head back then and see what's going on?" Dad asked. I was having fun with Dad and things were starting to feel good, but I needed to know what was going on. 

I nodded, "Yeah we should go and see. You don't mind?" I checked. 

Dad shook his head, "Yeah, no problem, we have plenty of time to go out again." He said with a smile.

--------

We got back onto campus about 15 minutes later. I assured Dad that I was okay alone and we parted ways for the night. I walked along campus, lit up by lamp posts.