Chapter 10

¤Evening; Jan 5, 2009
The abandoned observatory
Mt. Alliance¤

Aphmau sat on the floor of the observatory, not knowing what to do. Aaron was on the balcony as usual, but he started letting Aphmau roam a little bit more. Aleena had went out and told Aphmau to wait for her.

"SISTER!" Aleena yelled as she opened the door.

"Aleena? What's wrong?!" She was panting heavily.

"Look!" Aleena said as she pulled up something in front of Aphmaus face. Aphmau looked for a moment, then deciphered what it was.

"Clothes?" Aphmau said, confused.

"Yea! I got you a new outfit I found in my secret stockpile of stuff from the village." Aphmau studied the clothes. There were some denim shorts, a white tank top, and a pink plaid long-sleeved shirt.

"Aleena, you didn't have to do this." Aphmau said, feeling bad Aleena was giving her this.

"Don't worry about it! These clothes aren't really my style anyways, but I think they would look totally adorable on you! Plus, I can wash the clothes your wearing now." Aleena held out Aphmau's new outfit to her. Aphmau hesitantly took it.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find some shoes. You really shouldn't be walking around barefoot!" Aleena said, trying to act more like Aphmaus mother then her sister.

If Aleena even counted as a sister, that is.

"But where do I change? There's no seperate rooms in this place. It's all open." Aphmau asked. Aleena thought for a moment then spoke.

"Its fine! I think brothers asleep anyways, so just change out here!" Aleena said. Aphmaus eyes widened.

"W-W-What?! I can't change out in the open while your brother is here! And it's afternoon! Why would he be sleeping?" Aphmau blushed just at the thought.

"My brother is lazy, that's why. Even if he isnt asleep, he's probably not even paying attention anyways. Now I'm gonna go get you some shoes and start making food, cuz I'm hungry." And with that, Aleena was out the door, leaving Aphmau alone again. Aphmau sighed, looking at the outfit. She suddenly got this weird feeling and looked around. She looked up at Aaron's side of the balconies and he was watching her, his arm proped up on the railing, holding his head up. He smirked at her and Aphmau blushed madly.

"Well, are you just going to stand there all day?" Aaron said, not pulling his eyes away from her.

"W-W-Where y-you... w-watching all that...?" Aphmau didn't want to know the answer.

"And what if I was?" Aaron said in a flirty tone. Aphmau turned around so Aaron couldn't see her flushed face.

"What's the matter? Don't you have something to do?" Aaron said, referring to Aphmau being told to change by Aleena.

"N-Not if y-you're watching you idiot!" Aphmau turned to him, yelling at him fiercely. She held the clothes close to her.

"Hm? Feisty, aren't we?" Aaron held his arms in the railing.

"W-What's with you?! One minute you're making out with me, then you're hurting me, then you ask me to freaking shoot you, and then you tell me to get changed like I was asked even though you're watching and you're flirting with me! What the heck?!" Aphmau yelled. Aaron smirked at her as she was yelling. He clearly liked it when she was mad.

"Who said I was flirting with you? Maybe you're just reading into it too much." Aaron slowly walked closer to the front of the observatory. He jumped down from the balcony, landed on a few crates that he climbed down from. He walked toward Aphmau and she froze instantly. When Aaron got close to her, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her against his chest. Aphmau put her hands on Aaron's chest to prevent herself from losing balance, dropping the clothes in the process. She looked into his deep, black eyes. They weren't red anymore like before. Aphmau knew there was something... wrong... with him that caused it, but she never dared question it.