Chapter 23

¤Night; Jan 12, 2009
   The abandoned observatory
   Mt. Alliance¤

Aleena watched Aphmau and Aaron as they sat together and talked.

   "So, he put a lock on the door and left the key out? What an idiot... I guess someone will just have to let me in, huh, princess?"

   "N-No! W-Wait... you can't come tonight!" Aleena's eyes widened.

   "And why is that? You'd better have a good excuse." Gene's tone deepened.

   "B-Because... Aphmau and Aaron are awake!"

   "Awake? So? What's the big deal?"

   "Well, because... Because they're... they're... um.."

   "They're... what? Wait, forget it. I do not want to know. I'm not coming."

   "W-What? But--"

   "NO. I don't want to know what's happening! Just remember, I can hear you're thoughts so keep your mind out of the gutter!"

   "H-Huh?"

   "GOOD-BYE!" Gene went silence. Aleena sat with a confused expression.

   Aaron gently brushed Aphmau's hair with his hand. He tried his hardest to stay awake, despite sleep tempting him with Aphmau's slow breathing and peaceful form. Aaron forced his eyes to stay open. Aphmau readjusted herself, pulling her body up slightly. Aaron felt heat rising up to his face as he could feel Aphmau breathing on his neck.

   "You aren't making this easier for me... but..." Aaron looked down at her.

   "I'll admit that you are adorable." Aaron smiled.

   ¤Morning; Jan 13, 2009
   The abandoned observatory
   Mt. Alliance¤

Aaron had managed to stay awake all night, but his eyes betrayed him, showing how tired he was. Aphmau's eyes fluttered open. She looked up and around. Her eyes widened when she realized the position her and Aaron were in. She quickly sat up and off Aaron.

   "W-What the?!" Aphmau started, but then stopped immediately when she saw Aaron's face.

   "Aaron... you look awful... did you really stay up all night?" Aphmau asked.

   "I told you I was going to... you just don't listen... do you?" Aaron said quietly.

   "I thought you were going to end up falling asleep anyways." Aphmau sat on her knees.

   "Aaron, you need to get some sleep. This isn't good for your health. You're going to get sick. Right now we don't need you to get a fever and---" Aaron pulled her down on top of him, their eyes meeting. Aphmau's eyes widened

   "A-Aaron...?" Aphmau blushed, making Aaron smirk.

   "Oh, Trust me, you'll be the one burning up when I'm done with you..." He whispered in her ear, making her blush even harder.

   "U-Uhhhh..." Aphmau didn't move, despite knowing where this was going. Aaron leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers. Aphmau closed her eyes, and found herself kissing back. Eventually, they pulled away.

   "Aaron..." Aphmau whispered.

   "Yes, ba--?"

   "HEY!" Aphmau jumped,  rolling off Aaron. Aaron sat up, squinting at the figure that stood in front of them.

   "Stop getting kissy-faced with my best friend, lover boy!" Katelyn yelled, walking up and grabbing Aaron by the shirt.

   "Katelyn, wait! Stop!" Aphmau tried to pull Katelyn off Aaron, who was close to throwing punches as her and Aaron argued. Aleena still hadn't moved, and was watching them. Tears were in her eyes.

   "I can't hold him off for much longer... I got lucky that he didn't show up last night. What do I do tonight?" Aleena thought.

   "Get off me you idiot!" Aaron yelled, trying to push Katelyn off him.

   "Maybe I will when you get off Aphmau!" Katelyn yelled back, grabbing Aaron's wrist and pinning it down.

   "She was the one on top of me!" Aaron fired back.

   "I DIDN'T MEAN IT LITERALLY, YA DINGUS." Katelyn, threw a punch, but Aaron caught it.

   "What the heck does that mean?!" Aaron and Katelyn continued fighting.

   "Katelyn, get off him!" Aphmau pushed Katelyn off Aaron. Aaron sat up and glared at Katelyn. Katelyn angrily glared back.

   "There is no reason to fight right now!" Aphmau yelled, looking from Katelyn to Aphmau. Katelyn looked away with guilt.

   "Tsk..." Aaron looked away as well.

   "You two act like crazy siblings who hate each other." Aphmau shook her head, sighing.

   "Well maybe he should learn to keep his hands TO HIMSELF." Katelyn said. Aaron stood up and took a step toward her, but Aphmau grabbed him, stopping him.

   "Katelyn, Aaron... you were finally starting to get along..." Aphmau said.

   "Oh, don't even! You had issues with this jerk, too!" Katelyn said.

   "Oh yeah, maybe because he tortured me! You have no reason to be mad at him."

   "Oh, so it's my fault you were mad at me?" Aaron said.

   "Well, kind of!" Aphmau answered.

   "Yeah, dude, you cut her, so don't get me started." Katelyn said.

   "Maybe you should back off." Aaron scowled at her.

   "Whatever, psycho! You're insane and you know it!" Katelyn yelled

   "Katelyn, knock it off!" Aphmau tried to stop her, but failed.

   "Seriously? If it weren't for me, Aphmau would've been taken by Kai! What have you been doing this whole time? Oh, that's right, nothing!" Aaron yelled.

   "Really? You're the reason she ran away that one time! Because you had to be a jerk."

   "That wasn't my fault! I wasn't the one that made Aphmau upset, that was her."

   "Don't bring me into this!"

   "STOP IT!" Everyone froze. They all looked toward Aleena, who was standing there with tears in her eyes.

   "Don't you get it? Gene could show up any minute now and you're fighting?! What is wrong with you! We could have died last time and could die if they come back." Aleena was sobbing now. All three of them immediately looked guilty.

   "Aleena..." Aaron started walking to her.

   "No! Just... leave me alone..." Aleena ran to the balcony, climbing up and disappearing. Aaron glared at Katelyn and followed Aleena up the balcony. Katelyn groaned, walking away from Aphmau.

   "What are we doing...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES, I KNOW, THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS.

Also, I can't believe I did that lame pick up line for Aaron AND the thing with Gene... Uugggghhh... XD

Thanks for reading! ♡ ♡ ♡

Check out Aphmau:
Empress_Aphmau
Aphmau (https://www.youtube.com/user/ChallengeAcceptedInc)

Check out the game that inspired this story:
"Life Is Strange"

Writer of this chapter:
Nylo
Editor:
yay