CH 1: Xenomorphs

It was just like any other day, going to school, going to classes, walking back home when school was over. It was boring... way too boring; the same routine everyday. That was until the day the Military came.

It was so sudden, they just rolled in and told everyone to stay in their houses as they patrolled the streets, weapons and armored vehicles at the ready. I stared out my window down at the military vehicles, my mom and dad had told me to stay in my room and not do anything. Understandable, considering I'm only 11, I get into trouble pretty easily these days.

Our city was small and surrounded by woods, there was a little lake by our house that I loved to go swimming in when it was nice and hot out. I was an extremely good swimmer but only because I had been put in swimming lessons since I was a baby. I wanted to go outside right now, but it was far to dark and I couldn't leave the house with the military all over.

I couldn't help but wonder why they were here. My brother probably didn't know what was even going on, last I had seen him he was in his room listening to music. He hadn't come out since dinner.

I stared at my clock: 8:30pm. I sighed knowing that the night would probably end up with nothing but sleep, only to wake up to the same old regular day. After two more hours of lounging in my room I got up and walked downstairs to see my parents. "Mom, Dad..." I could see them in the kitchen as I peered around the corner of the last few steps.

"Go back upstairs Kat," Mom snapped "I told you to stay there."

"But I want to know whats going on." I made it to the kitchen and sat down at the table. My mother was sitting across from me, reading today's newspaper article. I could see the front cover of today's article, there was an older man on it pointing to a poorly drawn picture of a UFO. Dad had just gotten up as soon as I sat down.

"They never told us," My dad glared at me, giving me the 'listen to your mother' look. "They said stay in the house." He opened the fridge to grab himself some left-overs from tonight's dinner.  'How is he still hungry?'

I grumbled and walked over to look out the kitchen window "Something has to be wrong, why else would they be here?" I shoved my hands into my jacket pockets. "Maybe someone got killed."

My mom yelled "I said go to your room! I don't want us getting in trouble for my daughter spying on the military." I could hear her steps, I knew she was walking toward me.

"No." I didn't want to listen to her. I wanted to know what was going on; that's when I felt my mom grab my brown hair, I screamed as she turned me around and made direct eye contact with me. I glared straight back at her, my greenish-blue eyes showing resent for what she had just done.

"Go to your room." She said it softer now.

"Don't grab me." I mumbled it, I wanted to bite her and run. I hated it when people grabbed me, it made me frustrated and annoyed. It wasn't the first time she had done that though, I never liked to listen to her. There was one day she had said I was going through a "phase" but I ignored her and then she had grabbed me by the collar, I had nearly slapped her that day.

My mother let go of my hair, she was just about to open her mouth to say something when there were sudden gun shots from outside and a massive creature burst through the window.

All I could hear was glass shattering and sudden shrieks as I fell over. I wasn't sure if it was the creature or if mom had pushed me to the ground. The gunfire from outside got louder as the military ran towards the house.

"Mom?" I heard screaming "Mom!?" I stumbled to my feet to see the black creature bite my moms arm. I stared at the scene and screamed in horror. Blood was everywhere, not all of it from my mom, little bits of broken glass had cut my hands and knees.