CH 11: Protection

I was in my room stuffing everything back into my backpack and trying to figure out what to do. The marines were everywhere now but I hadn't seen Prone, I was beginning to freak out. 'Maybe he's dead, or he killed someone and the Marines are looking for him'.

I finished with my backpack and swung it around my shoulder, I walked over to the door and looked up and down the corridor. Three Marines and two civilians were in the hall talking to each other with  fear in their voices.

The Marines looked over at me but didn't say anything. I looked down at my vest, my knife would probably come in handy now, if the Marines tried anything I could stab them. Not sure If I could get the courage to do that though. The Marines glared at me and when they looked away I took off down the opposite side of the hall. 'Find Prone and get out of the base. Then find Xaez and make sure Prone doesn't kill him.'

I looked to either side and into all the other rooms I passed, there were civilians in most of them and some Marines checking their weapons. The ones that didn't have anyone looked like they had packed up their things and taken off in a hurry, like I did.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks, I could hear gunfire. I stared down the corridor and wondered whether I should keep going or not. I held my breath and walked to the end and looked down the next hall. No one. I sighed, ' I'm going to be okay.' I ran down the hall looking back a few times.

I was nervous now, I didn't know what was going on or if that "evac" was coming or even here. 'If it was the evac then why are people shooting?' I looked down at my empty holster and frowned, I missed having my guns with me. 'Maybe they're just being safe and taking out the Xenomorphs,  making sure they don't get to the choppers. That's most likely what's going on.'

Prone would have to be somewhere in the base, he'd have to be, either that or he was outside fighting the Xenomorphs. 'What if they hit Xaez? They could kill him.'  If Xaez died I'd have Prone but I wouldn't be able to live without my little Xenomorph, he saved me so many times and kept me safe from the others.

I made it down the hall and peeked around the corner, I saw a group of four Marines, two holding assault rifles and the others holding pistols. They were firing down the opposite hall and yelling orders. I gasped, took a few steps toward them and called out to them, "Whats going on?"

A Marine stopped firing and looked at me,"Hey kid! Get out of here, take those doors!" He pointed to his left, and I paused. "It's not safe, go!" He shouted between bursts of fire.

Ahead I saw a door to the right. I took a few more steps toward the door but I stopped when I heard the Marine scream. I looked up and saw a Xenomorph on top of him biting down into his neck. It was tearing the flesh right off, spilling his blood all over the floor and the walls. Then the Alien slashed it's tail through his abdomin causing more blood to splatter.

The rest of the Marines, now covered in their friends blood, were retreating and screaming. They desperately fired their guns. 

More Xenomorphs came rushing down the hall and pounced at them. A Marine holding a pistol wasn't so lucky and got tackled by at least four of them. They were literally tearing him apart, taking off his arms and shredding through his torso. A few Xenomorphs grabbed a Marine and hauled him back as he screamed for his life.

"Don't let them take me! Help! AHHH!" When the Marine was pulled out of sight his cries for help had stopped.

I stared in shock, scrambling back away from the door and what was left of the Marines. I smacked into the wall behind me and stood there, frozen. The Xenomorphs weren't focused on me but I knew that if I was to stay I would die. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. 'I have to move, why won't I move?!'