CH 13: Chaos

"He's protected me ever since all of this happened!" I slid my backpack off and glanced back at Xaez quicky before fixing my gaze on Amy.

Amy looked at Xaez just for a few seconds, as she did so Xaez screeched and bared his teeth. "That thing will tear us part, sweetie, please, just come over to me." She took another step forward.

I swallowed, trying to figure out what to do. Vaxer was hopping on one leg now, as Derek moved beside Amy, he whispered something to her and took a small step away.

'They want to kill him... I can't let them kill him... they can try to protect me but they can't keep the Xenomorphs away.' My pistol was still raised, aimed right at Amy, I looked down at it to make sure the safety was off, just in case. "I don't want you to kill him, he's all I have!"

"Kat..." Amy said soothingly, "We won't okay. Just put the gun down and come over here, we can go looking in the store now, I promise we won't hurt him." she paused, glancing nervously over at Derek and Vaxer,  "Wh-where did he go?"

'What?' I turned and noticed that Xaez wasn't there anymore. "Xaez?" I yelled, keeping Amy in view.

Derek and Vaxer looked around uneasily. "I didn't see him leave," Derek lifted his gun and fearfully scanned the treeline, "I'll keep an eye out for him."

I growled, "No don't! Don't shoot at him!"

Amy looked back at me, "We won't I promise, but we have to make sure he doesn't do anything bad, okay?" Derek was spinning in circles staring at the surrounding forest. Vaxer was sitting on the ground staring to the right.

'What is Xaez doing? Did he just decide to leave?' Now I was curious and began to look around as well, but I always made sure Amy in my peripheral view.

Derek turned over to Amy, "I don't see him anywh-."

He gurgled as blood erupted out of his mouth. Time seemed to move in slow motion, I saw Xaez rise up right behind him, just out of nowhere. He had that grin on his face as he lunged forward and bit down onto Derek's neck, his tail tearing through his chest.

Amy screamed, quickly turned and lunged at me. I yelped and swung around, suddenly hearing a gunshot. I looked at Amy, she had a stunned look on her face, crimson blood soaking through a small hole in her chest as she slumped to the ground, motionless. "No!" I screamed in horror and fell down to the ground. 'I.. I killed her.'

Xaez dug his claws into Derek's back and ripped him right in half. His blood splashed over Vaxer who was now scrambling away while screaming in terror. I stared in complete shock as Xaez slowly moved toward Vaxer, his grin bigger then ever.

"Xaez!" I screamed.

He ignored me and continued toward Vaxer. Xaez snarled as he dug his jaws into Vaxer's shoulder.  "HELP!" Vaxer shrieked in agony as Xaez began to rip into his flesh.

I could hear it starting to tear and I covered my ears and closed my eyes. I curled up into a ball and began to cry while trying to ignore the sounds. 'I just want this all to be over... This is all my fault, if I had just killed Xaez in the forest I'd be completely fine none of this would have happened.'

Xaez was making a lot of noise now. I could hear tearing, gurgling, crunching, and Vaxer's piercing screaming. I opened my eyes for just a few seconds.

He was tearing Vaxer apart piece by piece, he had taken off one of his arms and was digging into his torso, eating him alive. I shrieked and closed my eyes again. 'Why!? Why did Xaez just do this! I told him not too, he ignored me and slaughtered them!'