Noticed Me

Landon's P.O.V
        This is the third company logo idea I have given and this person keeps shutting them down. Their comments are neatly written on the side and I really don't have the time to go through all the critiques.
     I planned on going to my personal assistants desk to find out who exactly looks over my layouts so that I can yell at them for making my life harder.
     "Ms. Parker sir, she goes over all the advertising ideas," Nova says and I nod.
      " Where is her office," I ask and she gives me directions before I thank her and walk off.
I walk up to the door ready to settle this inconvenience until I look in and see a girl with an effortless pulled up halo and a pen in her mouth. She doesn't bite the pen, just holds it at the tip of her lips, she's so focused on the papers laid out in front of her that she doesn't even notice my presence.
" This is the third idea that you have shut down," I speak out finally coming to my senses and she looks up to me calmly. He brown eyes instantly draw me in, her mocha skin fits perfectly with the white dress she has on and something about this natural look she pulls off somehow makes me forget about my earlier irritation.
       She intrigues me so much that I end up inviting her to my office. I have no plan to ask her out today, she's obviously more of a chase than the girls I usually go for. A nice well rounded girl from time to time is always nice. It gives you the illusion that you're starting to make smarter decisions.
    So, when she comes in with her hair back down I try and gauge how difficult she will be.  
     Very difficult.
    Every time I change the subject, she answers politely and then goes right back to work. She's self sufficient, smart and pretty. She's what the normal guy would  see and try to settle down with at my age.  However, I'm 26 and have a problem with love, so a nice companion will suffice.
        By the end of our time in my office I have doubled her salary and bumped her up to manager. I would have invited her out to dinner, but I'm sure she'd say no. So, I tell her thanks and get her out of my office before she turns me on even more than she has.
      As soon as she walks out, Tara comes in with her tight dress and caked face. Usually I find her to be a pretty girl, but now she just seems kind of overdone.
       " Long day," she asks as she closes and locks the door. I'm sure Joelle saw her come in and I know that's going to push her away even more, for some reason this irks me.
     " Yeah babe, I'm starting to get a headache," I say lowly and I would be lying if I said I didn't expect what happened next.
     Tara takes off her clothes and sits on my desk. She wants me to want her, it's not exactly that I don't but she's predictable. I know with her, all she wants is someone to make her feel stable. I can take her on a date then back to my place every once in a while and then she feels like I've gained the reward of office visits. She takes off her clothes and I can't deny that her body makes me forget all that I'm saying right now.  I need the release and she's willing to give it to me, our relationship is easy.
" Landon, who was that girl coming out of your office," Tara asks as she grinds against me, kissing my ear.
" Ms.Parker, she's the manager of the advertising department," I proclaim and she pauses for a second. Jealousy is not apart of our arrangement.
" She's pretty," she says as she starts to kiss me again and I agree.
" Yes, she is," I respond because there's no need to lie to a girl that doesn't have a say in what I do.
" Does she know about us," she asks and I don't know what she's taking about because there is no us.
" That we sleep together, I'm sure she has some sort of idea," I assure and before she can speak again I kiss her so she can just stop talking.
" Tell me if she can do this better than me," she smiles as she drops to her knees and I groan out in pleasure because this is what I needed.
****
The next morning I can't help but to go the long way to see Joelle in her office. She has her hair pulled up like yesterday but today there's another girl in there talking to her overly animated.
" Good morning," I say once I've made eye contact with her through the window and she smiles to me me politely saying good morning. If it was a guy who didn't watch before he pursued, they would of took her mannerisms as flirting. I wish they were because speeding up this process would be perfect.
" Good morning Mr. Marks. I wanted to go over a new project whenever you're free or if there's anyone else I could talk to," she starts and I shake my head.
" It's fine, 4 today just swing by my office," I smile because even though she could of just given the papers to Nova, I wanted any reason to see her. She would never come willingly , so I need to start the chase.
" Ms. Damon," I greet the other thin lighter caramel skin woman standing next to Joelle.
" Good morning mr. Marks," there's no mistaking her flirtatious manner before I walk out.
" Nova can you cancel any appointments at 4 and reschedule for sometime tomorrow," I ask and she nods.
" will do sir, your mother called you earlier today, she left a message. I think she wants you to call back," she says lightly and I nod.
"Put her on line 1," I sigh because I don't want to hear from her right now.
" Landon, it seems as though you don't want to talk to your mother anymore," my mom complains through the phone and it takes everything in me not to say that I don't. Not right now. Not when I know what she wants.
" Just been kind of busy mom, is there something I can do for you," I ask and she does an overdramatize sigh over the phone.
" It would be great to see you at dinner tomorrow night. Your brothers in town with his wife and it would be nice to see you," she pleads and I roll my eyes.
" Mom, I'm kind of booked up tomorrow," I start and that sets her off.
" You being booked up with these low class girls is no reason not to see your mother," my mom starts and I don't want to hear her go on about me not having a stable girlfriend. It gets old hearing the same things every time I get on the phone with her and dinner is bound to be ten times worse.
" Ok mother, I'll see you tomorrow night," I rush out because I want all of this to stop.
" Great and bring wine. None of that cheap stuff," she calls and I laugh.
" see you tomorrow," I say again and then hang up the phone.
" Nova you can send in the first on my list," I breath out already ready for this day to end,but tomorrow won't be much better.