I Want You

Joelle's P.O.V
    Landon has had a little too much to drink. This is the most relaxed I've seen him and he probably won't even remember it.
       " Thanks for coming with me tonight," he says as we dance on the dance floor after a nice steak dinner and glares from across the table by Tara.
      " We're friends, that's what we do," I smile and I'm almost holding him up at this point because his balance is going a little out of whack.
        " This friends sh*t has got to come to an end," he slurs and I laugh at his attempted whisper in my ear.
        " Friends is a safe place for us," I proclaim and he sighs because even as drunk as he is, being friends doesn't make sense to him.
       " I forget about her when I'm with you," he states and I spin around slowly.
        " We should get you home," I whisper in his ear and he looks at me as if he's trying to figure out if I'd heard what he just said.
       " Landon I'm a little drunk, but not enough for me to believe what you're saying," I proclaim and he moves a little closer to me.
       " I wouldn't lie about this, I'm starting to love you," he says lightly and I look at him for a moment.
      " Let's take you home," I whisper and he sighs as I lead him out of the room.
      " Landon, you're drunk," I whisper as the driver closes the door and he moves closer to me. I can smell the alcohol on his breath and I can feel his hand pushing up my thigh.
       " I know what I want," he breaths out and I stop him.
      " So do I," I demand and he sits up, but keeps his body close to me.
        " What do you think will happen if you let me in," he asks and I look towards the window.
       " I know you'd hurt me," I whisper and he turns my face around.
        " I want you to give me a chance," he says lightly and I can't look him in the eyes. I want him. I haven't admitted it to myself, I haven't said it in all this time, but I've known that I have wanted him.
       " Landon, you're drunk, please don't," I say as strong as I can because who's to say that he won't wake up tomorrow morning forgetting all that he's said tonight.
       " I had a couple drinks over my limit, I'm not brainwashed, I've felt this way just as much sober as I do drunk," he demands and I sit back in my seat. I'm conflicted between my head and my heart and these kind of battles always seem to be the hardest.
     " Landon, you still love her, I don't know the story, but I know you still think about her, I'm not her Landon," I call out and he moves so close that our eyes are locking and our bodies are breathing in sync.
       " I don't want you to be her Joelle, I want you," he explains and I don't turn away, I can't.
        " If I kiss you tonight, you may not remember tomorrow," I probe because I need to lay everything out on the table before I even think of giving in.
       " I'll remember," is all he says before leaning in and I don't stop him.
      Our lips finally touch and it seems as if we naturally knew what to do. We move in sync and his hand raises up my thigh. I can feel his hand graze my lace underwear and I put my hand on his.
      " I can't sleep with you tonight," I whisper and he slowly start to kiss my neck, then my cheek, my nose and then my lips.
       " No rush," he whispers and the slur is barely noticeable on his voice. He begins to kiss me again and the driver calls out that we've arrived to our destination.
     " Can you drive around the block," Landon asks and the driver starts the car up again.
      " I'm not ready to leave," he whispers and I look up to him.
      "  Landon, I can stay here with you for a while," I whisper and he pulls me into his lap.
      " This is the place where Joelle Parker gave into me. I need a little more time," he winks and I playfully hit him before leaning in for a kiss.
      The driver pulls to the front once again after a few minutes and we finally get out of the car.
       " That dress is making the wait a little harder," Landon whispers in my ear and I turn to him.
     " Oh, now you like the dress," I smile and he laughs a little.
       " yeah, knowing that I'll eventually be able to take it off," he winks and I hit him playfully.
         He grabs my arms and pulls me to him to kiss me.
      " This is by far the best feeling Ive ever had," he smiles and kisses all over my neck.
        " Do you have something that I can change into," I ask through kisses and he nods as he kisses me once more.
      " Yeah, in my room bottom draw," he explains and I nod as I head up the stairs. I find his room after opening up a couple of wrong doors and then go towards his top draw.
      I change into some boxers and an oversized shirt then walk into the bathroom to scrub off my make up. I pull my hair up into a sloppy bun and then head towards the door. I notice his drawer is wide open on the top, so I turn to go push it in.
      A picture is keeping the draw from closing and I try to push it In without looking into his Business.
      I see a glimpse of a beautiful girl with light brown long hair, green eyes and light almost pale skin.
    This must be her, the girl he's not ready to talk about. I don't want to think too much into it so I just close the draw and head downstairs to Landon dancing to his Bluetooth beats pill.
      " I didn't think you could get any sexier, but this," he says as he turns me around." Is the sexiest look I've ever seen," he calls and then gets up to dance with me. I can't help but laugh because he's going to regret this in the morning.
       " I have root beer floats," he whispers and I turn and smile.
       " This is what I'm talking about," I smile and he laughs.
         " I'm starting to think you are using me for my food," he jokes and I kiss him.
      " I am," I laugh and he chases me around the kitchen before he catches and tickles me.
      " I'm sorry Landon, I want you, not your food," I say through laughs and he smiles and kisses me.
      " I won't mess this up," he whispers and I don't know if I'm suppose to hear him.