Deal

Joelle's P.O.V
Lunch was nice. Landon isn't as bad as I thought, but still not necessarily good. He still has women floating in and out of his life and has the guard up that I'm sure took years to build and is going to take years to break.
      " Thanks for lunch," I smile over to him as we make our way back to the office and he looks over to me.
     " It was my pleasure," he smiles and the dimple that forms on his right cheek may be the cutest thing I've ever seen. The cutest thing a lot of girls have ever seen and that's why he's sure to show it.
     " Well, I'll be over with the pitch that I have to sell tomorrow by the end of the day sir," I proclaim and he laughs a little.
     " I thought lunch would give us some space for casual language. Call me Landon," he suggest and I shake my head.
       " Can everyone else call you Landon," I ask and he doesn't answer right away even though we both know the case.
      " Thanks again, Mr. Marks," I say before walking away.
     Landon's P.O.V
     I walk back into my office and Nova smiles over to me.
    " I'm surprised she let you take her to lunch," she proclaims and I smile.
      " Nova, you know I'm a man that gets what he wants," I wink even though that statement is far from the truth. This girl is becoming someone that I feel I need to chase. Ive only had one other girl worth chasing and that ended in the worse way possible. I'm a man of getting what I want and then leaving it where's it is. I don't believe in love and I don't believe in forever.
      " Well sir, you have one more meeting before the dinner with your mother, Mr.W and he should be showing up soon," she informs and I nod before walking to my office.

     The meeting went on too long and they were all talking about things that wouldn't benefit this company. 

" Thanks for your time," Mr. Wang smiles and I  shake his hand as we both head out the door. I feel bad for small businesses that just cant seem to get on their feet because all I can see is myself at the young age of 20 trying to start a name for myself. I was just waiting on the one person to give me a chance because I knew that they wouldn't be disappointed. Whatever I didn't know, I was willing to learn and that's what makes a lot of the guys I invest in that walk into my office successful in the end. My family wasn't the kind of people to invest though, my girlfriend wasn't the  type of person to invest and this all leads me to what I believe today.
       " Have a good night Nova, off to see my wonderful mother," I smile and she smiles to me.
       " Have a good night sir, tell her I said hello," she calls as I leave the room and head over to Joelle's office.
    " I'm heading out, I can drop you off at home and have someone pick up the car tomorrow morning," I proclaim and she looks up from her papers.
   ' Thank you, but I plan on riding with Sam," She smiles and I do everything in my power to not roll my eyes. Sam seems to be the only person this girl can open up to. I'm not use to rejection or whatever this game of cat and mouse is.
   " Why put more on Sam's plate when I have no plans," I reason because reasoning seems to be the only tactic that works for her.
       " With Sam, there's no confusion," she shrugs and I come in and close the door.
     " What's the confusion," I ask knowing she's aware of my interest in her.
     " I don't like to mix business with my personal life, a week ago you didn't even talk to me," she proclaims and I nod.
     " Ms. parker, I would never make you do what you don't want, I will just drop you off at your home as a boss looking out for his employee," I answer and she looks at me for a minute thinking on what I had just said.
" I'll tell Sam that I've found another ride," she says lightly and I nod sitting in a seat in her office, waiting for her to finish things up.
" Thanks for the ride," she smiles over to me and that smile makes me wish her car would never be fixed.
" It really is no problem," I say starting up my car and she gives me the address to put into the gps.
Ring.Ring .Ring.
My phone won't stop going off and I know it's my mother to ask where I am.
" Hello mother," I greet putting her on the speaker phone and she immediately starts complaining.
" You know, I was thinking and you haven't brought a girl home since your brother was single," she begins. " I mean she was a piece of work and no one knows what you saw in her , but I'm becoming worried," she finishes and I roll my eyes.
" No one has been exclusive enough to bring home," I render and she sighs.
" If you're gay son just let me know, I won't care. Actually I want you to bring them home," she proclaims and Joelle nearly falls out of her seat from laughter.
" No mother, I'm not gay. I just don't want to be parading girls around," I half lie and she sighs.
" I wouldn't mind, I would love to meet them," she proclaims and I roll my eyes, but then smile because Joelle's happy expression is somehow contagious.
" Mother, I'm busy can I call you back," I rush her because there is no need to embarrass myself any longer.
" Alright, hurry here," she calls and I sigh and hang up the phone.
" Here I go thinking you liked me and come to find out I'm far from your type," she teases and I can't help but laugh.
" I wish she would just worry about my brother and his wife too much to be concerned about me," I proclaim and she laughs.
" Tell me about it, my dad calls me everyday asking if he has a grandkid on the way, I just feel pressured," she answers and I look over to her.
" You have a boyfriend or something? Why is he thinking about grandchildren," I ask and she shrugs.
" I think both of our parents are living off hope," she laughs and we sit in silence for a moment.
" I'll come over there with you," she says lightly and I look over to her in shock. I don't think I've heard her right.
" What happened to mixing business with pleasure," I ask and she looks over to me.
" please, judging by your mom on the phone this will not be pleasure. This is business the way I see it. You helped me, now I help you," she says and I know this is only going to make things worse. My mother will meet her and then ask for her until I can't stand it anymore. That's how she did with her and I will still probably never hear the end of it.
" business," I repeat and she laughs.
" unless you can't handle it," she smiles and I look over to her. She's something special and it is a shame that I can't love her because she would be someone worth loving.
" You don't know what your getting yourself into ms. Parker," I say lightly and she laughs lightly.
" Let me go in and change clothes, want to come up," she asks and I unbuckle my seatbelt not passing up on the opportunity to go up to her apartment. It was a nice modern outside and the inside was more spacious than I thought. She decorated nicely and this place felt more like a home than my house.
" Help yourself to whatever," she says and heads back to her room.
Joelle is getting herself into something that I'm afraid we both can't get out of.