Bonus chapter *preview

Landon's P.O.V
One month later.
    " Landon please lay with me. Remember when we were younger and you would lay with me and rub my head until I fell asleep. It was the only way I could sleep through the whole night," Layla admits to me as  I sit on the edge of the bed. I shouldn't be here. Joelle is at home probably waiting on me to eat dinner with her, but I'm sitting here on the edge of the bed with Layla.
     " Layla, I can't lay with you," I call and her eyes are searching me, I can't look at her. I can't let Layla see that I'm on the verge of giving in.
      " Landon, please. I don't have anyone else, I've never had anyone else but you and if you leave me," She starts and I turn to her.
       " I can't leave you, that's the problem. I should be at home with my girlfriend Layla. She should be the one asking me to lay with her. I shouldn't be here with you, but somehow I keep coming back," I growl and she lays back not taking her eyes off of me.
" I don't want to be the reason you guys are arguing," she calls but I know she's lying. I wouldn't be here if she was telling the truth.
       " Don't lie to me Layla. You want to be the reason I leave her, you want us to lay together, if you didn't if I didn't; we wouldn't be here," I ramble and she so knows what I'm trying to say. We both thought we knew what we were waiting for, but somehow we keep reaching into the past. 
       " I want us to be happy. Before all of the addictions and lies, we were happy,"she calls and we were. Before she starting using drugs she was someone I thought I would do anything for. Now, Joelle is piercing through my head and I can't help to feel guilty about being here.
      Ring. Ring. Ring.
     " Hey babe, just calling to make sure everything's okay," Joelle calls through the phone and I burn my eyes into Layla.
        " Held up with some work stuff, baby did you pick up food," I ask and she starts talking about how she tried to cook, but burned some of the meat that went in the Alfredo. I laugh because it's cute that she tries to do all these
" relationship" things for me.
       " I'm sure it's fine, I should be home in
about an hour," I respond and she says her I love yous and goodbyes before hanging up the phone.
       " She made Alfredo with burnt chicken and I'm here," I mumble and Layla crosses her legs.
        " Go home to her. I'm not stopping you from going home to her," she calls and I laugh dryly.
        " You're right,"I start and I get up from the bed. " You just call me all day , spilling your problems not telling me to go home to my girlfriend," I call and don't give her a chance to answer because I walk out of the door to where I need to be.
      " Hey babe, your foods in the microwave," Joelle calls and I walk into the bedroom where she's reading some sappy book as usual. I don't live with Joelle but We are with each other more often then not and she's opened up to the idea of letting me stay the night. I've even been granted a draw.
        " I think I'll skip to dessert," I smile mischievously as I pull her to me and she smiles as I start kissing her. She easily falls into pattern with me and I can feel the bulge in my pants getting harder. She starts to unzip my pants and I let her until I stop her. Why did I stop her?
" Everything okay," she asks and I nod. Im guilty, I didn't exactly do anything, but it's this gut feeling that is not letting her take off my pants.
" skipping to dessert isn't healthy, I think I'm going to eat dinner first," I joke and she laughs.
" Well, I've already eaten," she responds and goes down to unzip my pants. I don't stop her this time, I let her unzip my pants and give me release and I quickly feel the guilt after.
" I love you," I say lightly and she looks up to me.
" I love you," she calls back and then goes to the bathroom.
After I eat and shower, I go back upstairs and Joelle is already sleeping. I pull her into my arms and kiss her as I lay against the head board. I start rubbing my hands up and down her arm and she squirms a little closer into me. She kisses my neck and then falls quickly back to sleep. Her in my arms is something I wouldn't want to give up and the guilt I felt tonight was pushing the thought of her leaving me in the forefront of my head.
The next morning I jump up confused on when I fell asleep. Joelle is out of the bed and I can smell pancakes so I figured she was cooking. I walk downstairs after getting ready and see Sammy sitting in the stool talking Joelle's ear off.
" Good morning mr. Marks," he calls and I smile to him as I see Big Sam pop up.
" Morning Mr. Marks," he calls and I say good morning as I walk over to kiss Joelle.
" I'll bring the movie over, I get off at 7," he calls and then says his goodbyes as he walks out the door with his plate Joelle made for him.
" Movie?" I ask as she looks over to me with a smile.
" Sammy and I want to see Zootopia, so he said he'll bring it with popcorn," she calls and I lean against the counter.
" No invite," I ask and she looks over to me as she hands Sammy his food.
" You've been so busy at work, I didn't want you feeling obligated to get home early," she claims and I nod trying to understand why another guy is coming over my girlfriends house to watch a movie.
" he comes here often," I ask and she shrugs.
" He drops off Sammy sometimes and he may stay and talk," she answers and I nod.
" Hm," I say lightly and she rolls her eyes as she focuses back on Sammy.
" Well we are going to the park today, if you can take time out of your busy schedule, your free to join us," she calls and walks past me annoyed.
" Have a great day," she calls and I grab her by the waist not wanting her to leave upset with me.
       " I'm sorry, I'll pick you guys up to get lunch at 12:30," I demand and she can't help but smile.
     " See you then," she responds and walks over to Sammy to help him pour his juice.
-------------------------------------------------------
This is the preview to waited to breath, part two of Landon and Joelle's love story! Hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you guys hope to see next book! Happy Wednesday