The Begining of the End

We sit at her house in silence once again. She's distant, understandably, but distant.
" I want you to tell me something that will make me forget all of this," Joelle whispers as she looks at the wall and I look over to her. What am I suppose to say.
I don't talk, so I walk over to her and start kissing on her neck, cheek and then lips. She's leaning into me. She's asking me for more. She wants more from me because she doesn't want to think about any of this, I don't want to think about any of this.
       " You don't want to sleep with me tonight. You want me to take away you're pain and I can't," I whisper and she looks at me with pleasing eyes. If I slept with her tonight I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, she wouldn't want this if she didn't see her dying ex  boyfriend tonight. But, why is it so da*n hard to tell my d*ck that.
       She leans in and kisses me deeply before breaking away.
      " Thank you," she whispers and I kiss her one more time before heading to the bathroom to handle the situation.
     *****
    One month later
    Joelle's P.O.V.
    Work was long and coming to lay in Landon's arms is the only thing I can think about right now. It's been a month since the funeral and only Landon, two of Simeon's friends and I attended. I needed the closure and I think I got it when I saw his body laying frail because I realized that life for him was over. Whatever he did to me while on this earth is left where it is and can never be picked up. I still have life to live and people around me that I want to live it with.
" How was work Jo," Landon comes over with grey sweats and I drop my bag to go over to him.
      " Great babe, how was your dinner with Tammy," I asks and he shrugs.
        " Fine, she's a flirt and before I met you it would of been an easy lay, but now it's just annoying," he admits and I laugh at his honesty.
          " I was thinking," I say lightly and Landon looks at me with wishful eyes.
        " Good thoughts, I hope," he smiles and I go over to him with a purpose.
       I start to kiss his neck and he pushes me to the couch.
      " The bed," I whisper and it takes him a minute to register what I'm saying.
      " Are you sure," he asks hopeful and I nod.
       " Positive," I smile and the sleepy state I was once in suddenly disappears.
            He leads me into the room and I'm anxious. I want this and I want him but it's all new for me.
" I'll take lead, just relax," he says kissing me and I let him lead me into the things he wants me to do and I feel pleasure running through my body.
" I've been waiting for you and I can honestly say it was worth the wait," he breaths out as he falls deeper into me and I can't help but to let out a moan.
" I love you Joelle," Landon speaks breathlessly as we both fill each other in .
" I love you Landon," I breath and that's all we need. We needed to say the floating words " I love you" in order for things to fall into place. When our worlds seemed to be falling a part, we waited for each other to find ourselves. There is no place I'd rather be than with Landon, in this moment right now, not waiting for anything.