Being Santa's Daughter

new story for the holidays! just had this idea yesterday! dedicated to Sasha567 because, well... she inspired me to write this!

Being Santa's Daughter

Chapter 1 (Holly's POV)

        "Holl-eeee!" I winced. "Yes, Juniper?" The little elf looked up at me with her little beady eyes. "Your father has been calling you for the past fifteen minutes!" she screeched. I frowned. "I'm sorry, I-" She tsked. "No excuses, no excuses," she said, tapping her mini clipboard. I smirked and stood up taller. She glowered at me. "Go!"

     I skipped away from her. She's so rude. I mean, if a new elf needs help making a teddy bear, I'll help him, right? I shouldn't just leave him to fend for himself, right? Daddy wouldn't want me to just leave him. I trudged up the silver steps and knocked on the door of my Dad's study. "Come in," his gruff voice sounded.

    I pushed the heavy wooden door open and found him doing his usual thing. Eating cookies. "Daddy!" I scolded. "Stop that! You're going to get fat!" He patted his belly. "Ah, Holly," he said. "You're forgetting I'm suppose to be fat." I laughed. My Dad, with brown hair and blue eyes, is, in no way, fat. He's normal, only, he's really not. He's Santa. 

   You might have heard the stories. Santa's fat, has white hair, a red cherry nose, and rides in a sleigh pulled by eight reindeer. The sleigh part is true, but the rest.. not so much. "Holly," Dad said. "I'm going to make my naught or nice rounds. Do you want to come?" I clapped my hands loudly, making him jump. I snorted in laughter. He rubbed his forehead. "On second thought, maybe you shouldn't," he said.

   My smile vanished. "No, Daddy!" I said quickly. "I want to come! I'll be good! I promise!" He chuckled, standing up and brushing cookie crumbs off himself. "Alright," he said. "Get changed. We have to look the part, don't we?" I laughed. "I guess," I said. I turned to run out of his office, when he called, "Holly! Stop tormenting Juniper!" I scowled, choosing not to answer.

   I turned and ran down the long hallway, dropping holly berries as I went. That's what I was named after, you know. Holly berries. I pushed open my door and quickly stripped out of my green tee and jeans. I pulled out my red pants that flare out on the ankle. They're red, and have white fur on the bottom. I pulled out a matching shirt; red, with fluff on trim. When I spin, it twirls around me like a tutu. Cute, huh?

   I pulled on my Santa cap, and white sneakers. I pushed open my door, only to bump into the new little elf. He looked at me nervously, like I was going to yell at him for being near my room. "Hey," I said softly. "You don't have to be scared of me. Only Juniper. She's rude." That didn't seem to reassure him, so I made mistletoe go above our heads.

   Mom, Dad, and I, we're magical. It's called Christmas spirit. Every year, around Christmas, we get it back. The more spirit people have, the more magic we get. It help us fix things, and add things. I looked up at it about the same time he did. He smiled a little. I kissed his cheek and he blushed. I think I finally broke the ice he had over his heart.

   "Okay?" I asked. He nodded, smiling at me. "Good," I said. "Now, don't let anyone bully you around. If they do, come to me, alright?" He nodded and said quietly, "You look pretty." I picked up one of my light brown curls. "You think so?" I gave him a squeeze. "Holl-eeeee!" I winced. "Look like the devil's calling," I said, making the new elf laugh. "Got to go." I tapped his nose and stood up to size, running down the hall to Juniper.

    "Yes, Juniper?" I asked, trying to sound tolerant. "Your father's waiting," she said, tapping her clipboard. She does that a lot. I internally rolled my eyes. It's not that I hate Juniper, she's just a bit bossy. Actually, scratch that, a lot bossy.

   I hurried off to the take-off landing, and saw Dad already on Donner. Prancer was currently making fun of Donner because, apparently, Donner didn't take a bath today. I rolled my eyes and hopped on Prancer. "Hey!" he called. "Watch the ribs, Miss Holly." I snorted. "I hardly touched your ribs, Mister Priss," I said, and he put his nose in the air.

   "Let's go," Dad said, rolling his eyes at me. Prancer and Donner took off into the nights sky. Well, actually, we went through this pitch black cave I hate. I don't really feel cold, because I can't. I mean, if I could, then I would've frozen by now. Finally, we were high in the sky. "Where do you want to go tonight?" Dad asked. I pretended to think for a moment.

   "Let's go to Maine, Massachusetts, and... Vermont," I said. He smirked. "Why?" he asked. I shrugged. "No reason," I said. "Just felt like going someplace where they speak my language for a change." He shook his head at me. "Fine," he said. "Donner, Prancer, you heard the girl. Go." They sped up and we were off.

   After about ten minutes, we finally landed. This is the procedure: Dad finds something open and goes in the house. After that, he goes to each child, up until eighteen, and touches their forehead. He sees what they've done in little flashes, and determines if they're naughty, or nice!

   As I sat on Prancer, I glanced around. Hmm, no snow around here. Christmas spirit levels are high, so I decided to give this town a little surprise. I clapped five times, and snow started to fall. A couple minutes later, Daddy came back out. He glanced at the sky. "Did you do this, Holly?" he asked. I smiled. "May-be," I said. He tugged on one of my curls as we made our way around Vermont and Massachusetts.

   Finally, at Maine, I got so bored. "Da-addy," I complained. "I'm bored. I want to do the next house." I sighed. "Fine, sweets," he said. "You're going to have to get used to it eventually. Go ahead." I smiled a little and jumped off Prancer. I walked around to the back door, and wasn't surprised to find it already open.

   I stepped inside and shook the snow off myself. I walked by the tree, adding holly berries and mistletoe. I crept up the stairs and went in the first room I saw. A little boy, about three, was sleeping here. I made and 'aww' face and walked over to him quietly. I laid my head against his forehead. He stuck gum in his sister's hair, and broke his brother's drum stick, but that's all. I'll say nice.

   I walked to the next room. A girl, about ten, was sleeping here. I laid my head on her bang-covered forehead. She wrote on her little brother's pillow, dipped her older brother's toothbrush in the toilet, and broke the fishbowl and blamed it on her younger brother. All in all, I'd say nice.

    I walked to the next room to see a boy, about my age; seventeen, sleeping. He was making little snores and I thought it was just adorable. I walked up to his bed slowly and laid my hand against his forehead. He's cheated on his girlfriend, hit his younger sister, broke his younger brother's board under his bed, stole some of his Mom's money, stole his Dad's car keys, and crashed to car. With my eyes still closed, I grimaced. Naughty. Definitely.

   I opened my eyes to see a pair of striking hazel ones staring back at me. I stared into his eyes for a second, before standing up fully and saying, "Hi! I'm Holly!" He yawned, then seemed to remember what he was doing. He picked up a bat and swung at me. I ducked and ran. I left a trail of white lights down the hallway. I heard his pursuing footsteps pounding down the hall, waking everyone up.

    "Jett?" I saw his younger sister come out of her room as I flew down the steps. "Amanda! There's a burgular!" he shouted. I got out of the house just as his Dad burst out of his room. I jumped on Prnacer and shouted, "Go! Go, they're awake!"

    As we sped away, I knew that wouldn't be the end of Jett. No, not by a long shot. I would be seeing more and more of him. And that came sooner then I expected.

~.~

alright! a new story! i know im such an idiot for making a new story now, but what can i say? its the holidays! show some Christmas spirit!