Chapter 9

Chapter 9

      I woke up in the middle of the night to someone's hand on my face. I shot up in bed, grabbing the sheets and covering myself. I squinted at the red clothes. "Daddy?" He smiled and took a step closer to me. "Yeah, it's your old man," he said. "How are you making out?"

     I bet he didn't mean it like that, but I couldn't help but blush. "Um, fine," I said. He rose an eyebrow at me. "You're not doing something you shouldn't be, are you?" he asked. I turned my face away from him. "Ah-haha. No," I said. "Just getting to know him." Daddy looked like he didn't quite believe me.

    "I just came to say hi," he siad. "Your Mom sends her greetings." I smiled, but yawned. "Jeez, Holly," he said. "Why are you so tired?" I smiled weakly. "Went ice skating," I said, blushing a bit. "Then had a snowball fight." He rose his eyebrows. "I'm impressed," he said. "So when did he kiss you?"

    My head whipped around to get a better look at him. "How did you know?" I asked, disbelief coloring my voice. He rolled his eyes. "I'm Santa Claus, Holly Claus," he said. "I know everything." Realization dawned on me. Then I blushed profusely. "He was probably watching me the whole time! "Yeah.." Daddy stared at me.

     "So?" he said. "When? I want to hear it from your mouth." I looked away. "He kissed me twice at the ice rink and one tiny one when we were having the snowball fight," I said, patting my cheeks to keep them from over heating. Daddy laughed.

    "You know," he started. "I met your mother when I was your age. Me and your grandpa were doing the usual rounds. When we got to Montana, I decided I wanted to go in, just like you. The only difference is, Spring was just coming out of the shower. I didn't know it at the time, but she had just gotten home from a party.

   "You might not believe me, but Spring was a partier. She went to all kinds; Birthday, Holiday, any kind. She especially loved ones where there was a pool. She was obsessed with swimming," he said. I rose an eyebrow. Mom? A partier? No way! I don't believe it!

  He laughed at my expression. "Yeah, I thought you might doubt it," he said. Then his watch started beeping. "Shoot," he said. "Got to go. Two weeks until Christmas!" With that being said, he left my room, closing the door quietly behind him.

~.~

    For the next few days, Jett and I have been a little more than civil. He goes out of his way to be nice to me, and I've gotten to know him a lot more. He loves to go hiking, swim, and skateboard. He loves his siblings, Amanda and Brad, dearly.

    One day, he looked nervous walking up to me. With only ten days left until I had to go back to the North Pole, I was getting anxious. Would he ever tell me? What if I failed my mission?

    "Hi, Holly," he said. "I was hoping to ask you something." I looked up at him. I grabbed his calloused hand in mine. Unlike Kenny's hand, ours fit perfectly. "Yes, Jett?" I asked. As he gulped, his adam's apple bobbed slightly. "I was.. um, hoping we could go on a date this Saturday? We could even go shopping. I wouldn't mind. I just want to spend time with you."

  I looked at him slightly surprised. But why should I be? We are dating, after all. "Um, sure," I said, slightly dazed. He took it the wrong way. "If you don't want to go, that's okay," he said quickly. I shook my head. "No. No, it's fine," I said. "I really want to. I want to go. It's just.. well, no one's ever asked me out on a date before. I've never been anyone's girlfriend, for that matter."

    He smiled and made his forehead touch mine. "That's fine," he said. "I just want you to go with me." I looked at him in surprise. He blushed slightly. "What?" I cleared my throat. "I just didn't expect you to, you know, say things like that," I said. "You've changed." He looked over my head. "You changed me," he said seriously.  I laughed. "Corny, but I like it," I said.

~.~

   It's now a week until Christmas. Christmas happens to be on a Saturday, so I only have a week left. I sighed as I pulled on a green dress with red trim. "Holly! Jett's here!" I pulled on red flats and a green headband.

   "I'm coming!" I called, as I clipped some bell earrings in my ears. "Holly! You're boyfriend's getting impatient!" Mason called up. I rolled my eyes, opting out of saying something back this time. After a quick swipe of mascara and lip gloss, I deemd myself ready. I ran down the steps, almost tripping over my dress in the process.

   "Ah, there she is!" I turned the corner. The first thing I saw was a smirking Masin, and a beaming Connie. I looked past them at Jett. He. Looked. Adorable! He was wearing a pair of dark jeans, a plaid dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, and had his hair spiked up. I smiled at his slightly surprised stare.

    "Go, go," Uncle Mason said, practically pushing us out the door. "Have fun, but not too much!" Aunt Connie called. I blushed slightly as Jett took my hand. I looked up at him as the door closed. "You look so beautiful tonight," he said. I smiled, my cheeks getting red. "Thanks," I said. "You don't look to bad yourself."

   He squeezed my hand. "I thought we could go around and look at all the lights," he said. "But if you don't want to, that't fine." I smiled at him. How thoughtful! "I love Christmas!" I said. "Of course I'd want to." Even if I alread saw all the lights, seeing them with Jett would make it a whole new experience.

   He caressed my cheek for a moment. I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes. He chuckled and let me go. "Let's get going," he said. "Since you're likea walking heater, I probably won't get cold." I laughed. I am like a walking heater!

   He swung out hands slightly as we walked along the sidewalk. "I mapped out or route," he said. "If we go down this road, then turned right, then left, we'll make it back here. Then we can go eat something." I smiled. He's so thoughtful!

   "What's gotten into you?" I asked as we neared a crosswalk. "Why are you so nice?" He glanced at me. "I like you," he said simply. "I care for you, a lot, and I don't want to scare you away. I know I have a reputation to uphold; bad boy and all, but with you, I can be my real self." I looked at his side profile as he stared down at the sidewalk. He's so cute!

    "That's really adorable." I just couldn't resist saying it. He looked up at me, blush in place, and scowled. "I'm not cute," he mumbled. I laughed and nodded. "You are!" I exclaimed. "When I saw you, the first thing I thought was: adorable." He scowled deeper and I laughed again. I kissed his cheek lightly, and said, "You're just too cute."

    He looked at me, the blush fading quickly. "You've never kissed me before," he said. "I've been the one to kiss you. But you haven't kissed me." He took a step closer to me. I noticed we were almsot back home, near his car. He leaned me against it, his face getting close to mine. "Kiss me, Holly," he said. I stared at his soft, inviting lips as they formed the words: 'kiss me.'

   Is it just me, or are his lips just screaming for mine? I put my arms around his neck quickly and kissed him. It was sloppy and unpracticed, but Jett smiled on my lips. He pulled away slightly. "I knew you would do it," he said huskily. He leaned forward to kiss me, but I decided to tease him. I leaned awa from him, he head now resting on the car.

   He growled at me and claimed my lips with his. It was a beautiful kiss, not too demanding, not too involved. I pulled away first; I had to breathe. "Let's go," I said, leaning my forehead against his. "I'm starving." As proof, my stomach chose that time to growl. I blushed slightly, but refushed to pull away.

   "Okay, Holly," he siad, slighly amused, slightly breathless. "I'm hungry, too."

~.~

CHAPTER NUMBER TWO! so? like it? love it? nah, you don't hate it. so! i will be uploading the.. twenty seventh! im soooooooooo sorry i didnt get it done by christmas! im predicting... five or six more chapters? i didnt predict this ti be that long, so thats all youre getting! if you like my works, go check out my best one, Realization! thanks guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

OH! AND! first person who can guess Holly's middle name, you get the next chapter dedicated to you! HINT: it has to do with christmas...

xxSavannah