The Real Chapter 12

Chapter 12

           Jett pulled up at his house at exactly eleven fifty-three. I felt a drip of sweat fall from my hairline. Apparently, Jett noticed, because he said, "Were you too hot? I could've turned the heat down." I shook my head. "No, it was fine," I said. "I'm just really nervous." He looked at me strangely, but didn't comment.

     He led me in the house and we took out coats off. I checked the clock on the microwave. Eleven fifty-seven. Six minutes. I smiled at Jett when he gave me a worried look. "Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded and looked away. He put his hand on the small of my back and led me to the living room. I saw the plate of cookies Brad and Amanda set out for Santa. I smiled.

     He smiled at me as I handed him his present. Just as he was about to open it, a gust of air came from the chimney. Oh, my God. Is he early? Sure enough, my Dad came barreling down next.

    Jett looked startled. "Um, who are you?" he asked, as Daddy brushed the soot out of his hair. Then he looked up. "Who am I?" he said, amused. "Who am I? I'm Santa! Silly boy!" I rolled my eyes at Daddy. "Holly, what are you doing the a boy's house?" he asked. "Are there any parents here? Awake?" I looked down, guilty. "Um, sorry," I said. "I didn't think anything of it."

    Jett looked from me, to my Dad, back to me. "Holly?" he asked, his voice strained. "You know him? Santa?" I swallowed and looked up at him. I looked over at Daddy. He nodded, telling me with his eyes to tell him the truth. "Yes," I said quickly. "He's my father."

   Jett stared at me for a second, then broke into a smile. "You got me there for a second," he said. "I really thought you were serious." I gulped and looked up at his hazel eyes that I love so much. "I wasn't kidding," I said softly. "I really am Santa's daughter. I can't exactly prove it to you right now; I used all my Christmas spirit." He looked at me like I was crazy.

   "You people are insane," he said, standing up quickly, almost knocking over the coffee table. Daddy came over to him and said, "There is a way to show you we're not lying." Just then, Jett and I were back home, right in the middle of the factory. Since it's Christmas Eve, they all got the night off. Jett looked around. "What kind of sick game are you playing?" he asked me, taking my shoulders and shaking me.

    "Holly!" I looked over my shoulder, some of my hair getting caught in the collar of my shirt. "Mom!" I cried happily, momentarily forgetting how mad Jett is. I ripped myself from his grip and ran over to him. "Holly," Mom said into my hair. "I missed you so much, honey. I will never let you do that again."

    I looked up at her and smirked. "But Mom," I said. "I fell in love." She looked at me, taken aback. Then tears were in her eyes and she crushed me to her again. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Jett asked, swiping glitter for the nail polish on the floor. Mom stared at it for a second. "That was unnecessary," she said. "You're cleaning that up."

   He clenched his hands into fists. "Listen, lady," he growled, coming a little too close to Mom. "If you freaks don't tell me where I am-!" Mom slapped him. In the face. I have to admit, I didn't really feel all that mad at her for doing that. It hurt to be called a freak by the guy I love.

   "You're in Santa's workshop," she said. "Now behave, or I'll have to call your Mom and tell her you're calling my Holly a freak." Jett looked at me with regret and disgust. "That's why you were so festive and cheerful," he said. "What a bunch of weirdos." I could tell Mom wanted to yell at him, but I got to it first.

   "Jett, stop being such a jerk!" I shouted, getting close to his face. "This is exactly why I didn't tell you! You wouldn't be rational about it! You're being unreasonable. That's not the Jett I know and- well, I know! Get ahold of yourself! Stop being rude to my Mom and me!"

    He stared at me for a second. I feared he would just blow up again, but he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry, Mrs. Saxon," he mumbled. She smiled. "It's actually Mrs. Claus," she said. His head snapped up. "But Holly's last name is Saxon," he pointed out.

   Mom shook her head, smiling at him like someone would at a dog they were particularly interested in. "That was a cover," she said. "Wouldn't it be weird to call Holly 'Holly Claus?'" Jett looked skeptical, but, after a moment, nodded.

    For the next two hours, Mom and I explained the whole 'Santa' thing to Jett. He finally started to believe him when we showed him the reindeer in training. After that, he asked us endless questions. We happily answered all of them, until he asked why I couldn't use my Christmas spirit right now.

~.~

HEHEHEHEHE!! I think I'll upload the next chapter today. love it?

QUESTION: Does anyone know who Cassandra Clare is? If so, DO YOU LOVE HER BOOKS? OMG I LOVE HER SOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOO MUCH!!

xxSavannah