Chapter 11

Chapter 11

      It's exactly eight-thirty as I walk up to my room. I got pyjama pants on and a tee, and laid down on my bed, now bothering to get under the covers. If anything goes wrong with this, I can be seriously hurt. Daddy said that if all goes well, which I hope it will, I'll be out for the next three Christmases.

      I closed my eyes and bunched my hands into fists. I used my Christmas magic to see if Jett's Dad was sleeping. He is. I don't know why, but he usually goes to sleep really early every day. It's kind of weird.

     I started using more and more of my Christmas spirit, pouring it all on the making of this dream. It needsto happen if I want Jett to ever live safely. I groaned as the pain started. It was a harsh pang in my gut, spreading throughout my body slowly. I wanted it to stop; it was excruciating. But I had to go on. I clenched my fists tighter and thrust all the rest of my Christmas spirit into it, making myself like a normal person for a few years.

~.~

   I opened my eyes to see white. It was white all around me. I stood up and walked a little. I looked down. Still in my clothes. I wonder if it worked..?

   I heard talking a little ways to the left. The white, I'm realizing, is clouds. As I got nearer to the talking, I crouched low and hid in the white puffs. "So, son, how are you?" I heard Jett's Dad's Dad say. What a mouthful..

    "Mom, Dad what are you doing here?" Jett's Dad asked. "Well, John," his Mom said. "We've been watching you, and your family. And we don't like what we see." I'm assuming John is Jett's Dads' name..

    "What do you mean?" Mr. Anderson asked. John's Dad sighed. "We mean how you beat Melinda and Jett all the time," he said. "You have to stop that." Mr. Anderson's Dad made a noise of distaste. "Son, I don't like how you beat them," he said. "That's not how we raised you. That's not the way we wanted you to act. You aren't acting like a gentleman, and your mother and I are very disappointed.

   "If you could stop it, that would be very appreciated. I doubt Melinda likes to be beat with a belt, and Jett probably wants to run away with how much you've been cutting him," John's Dad said. "Honey, we love you, and I'm sure your family does, too," Mr. Anderson's Mom said. "I think that's why they won't call the police on you. But, sweetie, you really have to stop. You don't want them dead, do you?"

    "No," Mr. Anderson said. "I didn't realize I was doing it that much. I just get so mad sometimes, and I really miss you." John's Mom sighed. "Honey, we miss you, too," she said. "But you have to let us go. The reason why we came was because a certain someone was really worried about Jett and decided to do something about it." Mr. Anderson's Dad chuckled. "We wouldn't have been able to come if it weren't for her," he said. "She's probably really weak."

   John looked puzzled. "Who are you talking about?" he asked. His Mom and Dad shook their heads. "No one," his Mom said. "We couldn't tell you even if we wanted to. But! Honey, you really have to listen to us. There's only so much your family can take. They're going to go to the police very soon if you don't stop." Jett's Dad was silent for a while. "I'll try," he said finally.

   I sighed in relief. it wasn't a definite 'I'll stop' but it's close. "Bye, son,"  Mr. Anderson's Dad said. "Bye, Honey," his Mom said. "What?" Jett's Dad said. "Wait- where are you going?" Jett's Dad'd Dad smirked. "We aren't going anywhere," he said. "You are." And with that, Mr. Anderson vanished,

   After a minute, they both turned to where I was. Do they see me? They can't, I'm not visible. "We know you're there, Holly," the woman said. "You can come out now." I came out from behind the clouds and slowly walked over to them. "Hi!" she said. "You can call me Julia." The man stepped forward next. "Call me John," he told me.

   "Hello, Julia, John," I said awkwardly. "How are you?" Julia tsked and took a step towards me, grabbing me in a hug. "Stop with all the formalities," she said. "Thank you for allowing us to see our son one last time." I looked at her in surprise. How could she know that? "How did you know?" I asked. John took a step forward, smirking, He looked a lot like Jett..

   "We know everything," he said. "We also know how much you love Jett." I took a step back, wary of these people. How could they know? I haven't even told anyone, much less myself! Finally, I found my voice. "How do you know about that?" I asked in a small voice. Julia and John laughed. "Look at her!" Julia exclaimed. "She's adorable! No wonder Jett loves her!"

   They sobered immediately. Jett loves me? "You are going to tell him, aren't you?" John asked. "You can't keep something like being Santa's daughter from him," Julia said. I looked down at my feet. "I was hoping to tell him on Christmas Eve. I was planning out how I would do it, too," I said quietly. "How romantic!" Julia swooned. John slapped me on the back. "I like you, kid," he said. "Take good care of Jett, will you?"

   "Bye, sweetie!" Julia said. "See ya, kid," John said, smirking at me. I looked at them in puzzlement. "What are you talking-" I shot up in my bed, then put my head in my hands.

~.~

Jett's POV

      I woke up to silence. This is reall weird, as Mom and Dad are usually arguing. I took a quick shower and slipped downstairs and saw a sight I thought I would never see. Mom. Dad. Making out against the counter. Holy. Shit.

    I cleared my throat. "Um, Mom?" I asked. She broke away from Dad with a dreamy smile on her face. "Mom what are you doing?" I asked. She came close to me. "He's changed," he said simply. "Back to the man I fell in love with." I looked up at Dad to see him making us breakfast. What the heck? What happened?

    He looked up at me and smiled. "Hi, Jett," he said. "Feeling good? Want an omelet?" I stared at him for a minute. He held out the plate invitingly, with a grin on his face. I took teh plate after a minute. What happened to him? Last night he had beat me to near unconsiousness, and now he's being nice? He's usually really nasty after a beating.

   "Dad?" I asked. He looked up from the omelet he was making. "Yes, son?" he asked. "What happened?" I asked. He seemed to know exactly what I was talking about. "I woke up," he said simply.

~.~

three more chapters! two, possibly all THREE tomorrow! who would like that? i have a question for you all. WHO LIKES MICHAEL BUBLE? I love love love him. He's such an amazing singer. anyway, vote vote vote! talk tomorrow!

xxSavannah