Chapter 12

Chapter 12

        Today's Christmas Eve. I have everything planned out. The only thing is.. I haven't told Daddy or Mommy I was telling Jett. If I love Jett, which I do, they should understand how much I need to do this. 

         "Holly, are you there?" I looked up at Hanna's pair of baby blues. "Yeah, I'm still here," I said. "What do you want?" She smiled. "Well, since it's almost Christmas, I thought I would give you your present," she said, holding out a package to me. I took it with a smile. I had already given her my present. It was a couple lip glosses and a book she really wanted.

    I opened it and gasped. It was a hat. It was Christmas-y, but that wasn't why I loved it. It was a green and red hat with pictures on it. Of me and Hanna, me, Hanna and Janice, or just me. She even added some of Jett and I. I hugged her tightly. "I love it!" I said happily, putting it on my head. Today, I decided to wear a green sweater with red skinny jeans and black sneakers.

    "I knew you would like it," she said. "Want to-?" Her phone started ringing. She talked for a few minutes. "Darn," she said as she hung up. "I have to go. Mom wants me home so we can all wrap our presents." I smiled and nodded. "Of course," I said. I could feel her Christmas spirit coming off her in waves, but I couldn't get to any of it. Huh. I guess this is a side affect of saving Jett's family.

    After she left, I glanced at the clock. Eleven-thirty. "Connie!" I called. "I'm going to Jett's for a few hours. I'll be back before dawn." She came into the room. "Are you sure, sweetie?" she asked. "Don't you want to catch Santa?" I smiled. "I've seen him already," I said. She thought I was joking, so she laughed. "Okay, Holly," she said. "JUst don't do something I wouldn't." I smiled and waved, before opening to door to see Jett idiling by the curb.

    "Hey, Jett," I said, sliding into the car. He smiled at me and started driving to his house. "So, Jett," I said. "What did you get me?" He chuckled. "I'm not telling," he said. I checked the time. Eleven forty-five. I started sweating. I know exactly when he's going to come to this house. Twelve oh three. As Jett parked, I watched him.

    Could he love me, too? Jett looked up at me and smiled. "You coming, Holly?" he asked. I nodded and jumped out of his car, coming around to his side and walking up the sidewalk with him. "What did you get me?" he asked. I held up the small square package I had gotten for him. "Something special," I said. He smiled.

    ~.~

IM SO SORRY!! I'm going to my friend's house and this is all I could get done before twelve!! I'm really sorry. It was like a last minute thing, so I didn't know until this morning. I'll upload both all the rest of the chapters tomorrow! I'll make it five more chapters because of this setback, okay? THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!

xxSavannah