Part 2

'So, how was your first day?' Dad asks as he starts the engine of the car.

'It was okay.' I say. 'They just... sound so... American.'

Dad laughs and nodds his head. 'They are the neighbours of America, it isn't that weird that they sound like them too. So.. have you made some new friends?'

I shrug my shoulders and sigh. I hope he defines that as an answer. 

Probably, because he remains silent.

I open our white front door and step inside, holding it open for my dad.

'Thank you,' he says.

Not in the mood for an asnwer, I just let go of the door which falls into its lock again and I decide to walk to my room. Just when I start climbing the stairs, I hear my mom's voice coming from the kitchen.

'Tess?' 

I sigh and turn around. 'Yeah?'

'Can you come down for a sec?' she asks. 

I drop my bag on the stairs and walk back to the kitchen. 

'Sit down, please.' she asks as she sits down as well, facing me. Dad remains standing to the kitchen's counter

I already expect mom to moan about my messy room, my attitude - which isn't that bad actually - or about me inviting no friends. But she doesn't say anything yet.

'So, what is it? I ask after a minute of silence. 

'Well, you know..' Mom starts.

'We've been looking around before and after we came here.' Dad helps her. 'So... we wanted to know if you were okay with it.'

I look at them with my eyebrows narrowed. 'Okay with what exactly?'

Mom and dad look at each other with a sceptic look which I don't like at all.

'With the fact that... we're going to send you to a psychiatrist.' mom says in the end.

My eyes widen and my mouth opens. 'What the hell do you guys think? What the fuck! What the actual fuck?!' I scream as I slam my hand on the table. 'First you say we move, then you leave my best friend behind, th-then you send me to a horrible school and then you fucking say that I have to go to some old grumpy man who sits in a chair and looks at me and tries to let me stop? Stop doing it? What the fuck mom. What the fuck dad.' I say and I turn around, already heading for my room.

'Tess!' Dad calls me back. I don't know why but I remain standing and listen.

'You know that Jim wasn't that bad.' Mom says. I lift my shoulders in response.

'He was mom, you know that.' 

They remain silent for a few seconds.

'But Tess, you know...' Dad starts.

'...that we want the best for you? Then you better think twice.' I yell as I walk up the stairs.

I open the door of my bathroom and lock it behind me. Stupid door. Stupid mom. Stupid stupid dad. What the hell were they thinking? That now we live in Canada, that they just can send me to a little man who thinks he's nice who is sitting in a chair and observing me? No way. Never. Never again. Now I finally got rid of Jim, I don't want to be sent to a new psychiatrist who is going to be a Jim 2.0. Never.

I yank on of the drawer which slides out of the bathroom cabinet. 

Pulling my toiletry out and opening it. Pulling out my best and worst friend. My knife. Now.