Part 4

I quickly pull my jacket down to my hand, hoping no-one noticed my face. Everytime someone touches them, I kind of freeze and explode at the same time. 

But I can't stop, it's so hard. And those dumb psychiatrists who think they are 'everything' don't do anything either. 

'Ms. Black, this is not how we speak in here. I do not want ány rude or bad language, understand that?' I look at Mrs. Spot and see her angry face.

'Yes.'

'Yes..?' Mrs. Spot says, still with an angry face.

I sigh and roll my eyes before saying: 'Yes Mrs. Spot, and I apologise.'

One boy who sits in front, next to the windows, laughs. I look at him with my eyebrows raised and look at the ground again. Stupid school. Stupid teachers. Stupid pupils.

'So, how was your second day?' Dad asks when I step into the car.

I moan. 'Come on, are you really going to ask that every day, Dad?'

He laughs in response.

'Where are we going?' I ask as I frown. We didn't drive home in the correct direction. We took off to South, whilst we lived in North Toronto. Besides, the supermarkets were at North as well. 

'We uhm.' Dad started. He had one hand on his neck and scratched it for a few second before continuing.  'We decided that you're going to Serium today.'

'Serium? What's that?' I ask confused whilst quickly brainstorming about the word -but I conclude that I've never hear it before.

'It's your new psychiatrist office.'

My eyes widen. 'What the hell?! I never asked to go there! I'm not going, no, no I'm not going.' I say as I cross my arms and feel my face expression get angry.

'But honey..' 

'No, don't call me honey!' 

'Listen. Listen Tess..'

'I'm not listening,' I interrupt him again. 

'Tess, listen up and let me speak, okay?'

I sigh but don't say anything more. 

'Tess, we know what you're doing.'

'Dad, that sounds very creepy.' I can't help myself but laugh.

'Okay, sorry. But Tess, we know that you're still using your knife. Even though we said you had to throw it away in Sydney, before we moved. So that's one - you've lied to us.'

'Dad, seriously, I have to go to a fucking psychiatrist just because I have been lying to you once? Come on, man.'

'Eh, don't speak like that.'

'And Dad, don't act as if you are a Canadian by saying 'eh', it just sound stupid.' I say.

Just when I say that, Dad pulls up to the right and he stops in front of a big, made out of stone, building.

'Man, this is sketchy.'

'Scatchy?'

'Yes, creepy.' I sigh. 'Wait what, is it here?' I look at my dad with a confused face.

'Yep.' He says. 'Do you want me to...'

'No Dad, I'm fine.'

'I'll.. I'll just follow you.. to.. make sure that you really.. ehm.. attend let's say.'

'Wow, trust on point.' I sigh irn an annoyed tone as I step out of the car.

'You can sit down here, your psychiatrist will be here at any moment.' The woman with the black skirt says as she walks out of the room. 'Sir, are you coming sir?' I hear her ask as her heels tick away.

'Gotta go.' Dad smiles awkwardly. 

'Dad, I'll be fine. Trust me just for once, okay.' 

His smile grows bigger and he turns around and leaves the room. 'Just call me when you're done! I'm going home.' He says before he walks into the corridor, following the woman with the black skirt and the ticking heels. They'll probably sit down for some paperwork first. It's all about me but no way I'm getting involved in it or something. Very nice. Sarcasm. 

The room is silent. Even though I've only been sitting here for like 15 seconds, it feels like ages. Gosh, why am I so impatient? 

I bow forward, in the red chair, and look at my nails. Trying to remove some of my black nail polish - no idea why I do that though - when I hear someone walk inside, I look up - and freeze.

This can't be him.