Part 12

Suddenly, I realise what we are doing.

'Ashton... We.. Uhm.. Aren't...' I say as I pull back and look down at my hands, still in trance of what just had happened.

'Aren't supposed to do this?' Ashton asks as he puts his index finger under my head and lifts it up an inch so that I'm kind of forced to look into his eyes.
They are brown, with green and golden spots in it, and a black pupil in the middle which looks right through you and your soul. And still they are so kind, sweet, adorable....

'It's just..' I say as I move away from him, minding every move I make so I won't fall off the kayak.

'I'm your psychiatrist?' Ashton says.

'Yeah. And.. I'm just afraid that I'm going to lose you, do you know what I mean? You're the only person I know here.. And the only person I actually like. And, I mean, I don't want to this whole process to be over. Look, we kiss, and before we know we're in a fucking relationship and we'll get ripped and torn apart and our hearts will be broken and shattered into a million pieces and..' I take a deep breath. 'I don't know why I even tell you this.'

'Tess.'
His voice is soft as he whispers my name.

I look up into his hazel coloured eyes.

'You won't lose me.'

'How can you promise that. It's not a promise you can make..' I sigh.

'Trust me,' Ashton says as he leans forward and comes closer to me.
As if we're in a movie, I feel his arm wrap around my waist and pulling me softy, gently to his chest.
'Relax.'
I turn around carefully so I face him, still sitting on the front of the kayak. I put my knees to his knees, now facing him the correct way.
'Do you trust me?' he asks.

'I trust you,' I say, as we both lean in.

Before we know it, we're laughing, cuddling, kissing, joking and making the boat getting out of balance every two minutes.

'You never said that,' I laugh as I jump onto Ashton's stomach and holding his hands behind his back.

'Oh yes I did,' he laughs as he looks at me. My eyes meet his again and I give him a long kiss again on his mouth.

'You didn't, you fool,' I say whilst continuing laughing.

Ashton suddenly makes a weird move what makes the kayak swing to the left and the right.
In order not to fall off, I grab the kayak's sides and thereby let go of Ashton's hands.
They shoot forward, to me, and I crawl back - which was a bad choice.
The boat's tip dissapears under water, and I feel that my shorts get wet.

'No!' I yell as I try to crawl back to Ashton.
This doesn't work out well, because the whole boat moves to the left and I feel that my whole body slides off the kayak, into the water.
'Ashton!' I yell.

When I look back up into kayak, I see a boy with curls and hazel brown eyes and with a big smile on his face.
'Don't laugh, it's not funny! It's cold!' I moan.

'You should, hahahahaha, you should have seen your face Tess, it was so funny,' Ashton giggles.
I can't help myself when his giggle is heard all over the river and I burst out in laughter as well.

'Now that's karma,' Ashton laughs, as he points at me.

'I can't help it that I'm just right,' I say. 'Now help me get back in the boat please.'

'No.'

I look back at Ashton with an angry face.

'Did you just say no? Did you just say fucking no? It's cold! You're just still in that fucking kayak and I'm here in this river and I'm wet and your dry and ugh I hate this.' I say. 'Okay sorry, that sounded a bit depressede,' I laugh.

'Lets just play hide and seek,' Ashton suddenly says.