Chapter Seven

+Ash's POV+

I sighed in relief. She doesn't have a boyfriend. My face lit up at the thought of it.

She could be mine.

"You look as if you've been studying for a while. You should take a break," I smiled as she looked up at me with raised eyebrows. She seemed to ponder over it for a second then smiled and nodded placing her books into a small backpack and hitching it up on her shoulder.

"Where to?" I smiled, "The park" She nodded silently and followed.

Walking through the park I noticed a few people glancing at us, mostly Candice. Suddenly feeling a pang of jealously I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me.

I was ready to ask her to be my girlfriend, at least let us try when I was interrupted by a slight tug to the edge of my jeans. I looked down to find a small girl about five. She put her hands above her stretching them over her head as she looked up at me, the universal sign to lift the kid up. I did as she wanted, lifting her up off the floor and hugged her to me. She giggled and I smiled at her small locks of brown hair bouncing. I decided to entertain the child more and began spinning myself hugging her carefully to me. She squealed happily and laughed. After we both got dizzy a bit I set her down and she hugged my leg then ran off.

I turned to Candice smiling amusedly as she glared at the kid running off.

"You okay?" She snapped her head to me and smiled forcibly. I frowned, fake doesn't look good on her. I coughed nervously and hung my head a bit, "So Candice...I know we probably got off on the wrong foot-" She scoffed, I continued, smiling,more confident, "But I'd like to ask if you'd...you know like..." I fumbled, suddenly nervous and looked down confused. Shít I fucked up!

She tilted my head up, " If you're asking to go out with me, on a date" she stressed making it clear,"Then you're granted permission to."

I grinned, fuck YES! In my state of happiness and I hugged her to me tightly.

She stiffened and I knew I stepped too far. Letting go I scratched the back of my neck and chuckled nervously. "It's getting late, but I'd like to pick you up tomorrow night? I-if it won't interfere with your studies that is," I stuttered a bit adding the last part in quickly.

She nodded, "Tomorrow is perfect." I smiled, I've been doing that a lot more since I saw her. I walked her home and ran a hand through my hair, "Tomorrow right?"

"Tomorrow," she confirmed and pulled her keys out to open the door.

That's when the police arrived, their sirens blaring loudly signaling the pursuit of a crime. The only problem was that both Candice and I ended up in the back seat of the car.

I looked over to her and she was fuming. I cringed. Great. Fucking perfect.