Chapter 2

"Chill out! I'm done don't want to stop you from getting Niles' tongue down your throat." I shouted just to get the annoyance out of my system. 

 "Well at least I know what having someone's' tongue in my mouth feels like unlike some 17 year olds I know." 

 "Be aware of your boundaries Mia. You're beginning to piss me off now, just get in and shut the hell up!" I shouted banging the bathroom door as I walked out.

So basically that is how all my mornings are like every day. 17 year old girl being harassed by her 15 year old sister, I look forward to it every morning. My mornings are incomplete if there is no morning bathroom fiasco.

"Hale come downstairs and have your breakfast before you leave." shouted Candace my Mum from downstairs whilst I was locking the door to my room which neither Cee nor Mia have entered since the incident. I know curiosity floods their minds as they wonder what exactly goes on in my room. 

 "I don't think you forcing me to eat when I am obviously not hungry is appropriate unless you want me to throw the food away and feel vile about it. I advise you to leave me alone. I have to deal with Mia too every morning, just give me a break. Please. I'm leaving now!" I said, attempting to be polite to her. 

 "Hale I am your mother at least call me, M-"

"I'm at ease with Cee." I said before she could say Mum. 

"Hale stop acting like this it is very infuriating and I am tired of this behaviour. Can you act your age for once, I don't enjoy these regular morning fights you seem to like engaging in. I am sorry you and your sister don't get along sometimes but," she stopped avoiding to start another argument.

 "It's every freaking time Cee and it's not just Mia, it's the furniture, the way the house is structured, the curtains, the absence of certain people in the house, school, the kitchen, the cat, my condition and you. I am tired of everything!" I exclaimed as I moved closer to where she stood. 

"I will act like I didn't hear any of the things you just said because these are things you say almost every day just that they are always different kinds of spiteful things. Now eat something! I can't even tell if you're gaining weight or not through the clothes you wear. Hale, you have to eat something before you leave. You never sit with us for dinner I'm not even sure if you eat at all."

This was the moment she pierced the healed wounds. How dare she say the unmentionables? How dare she disrespect me like that? To have the decency to talk about my clothes. (I know what you're thinking who gets enraged when her mother comments on her clothes. This is a daily thing for other teenagers just not me.)

There is so much that goes on in this house. Things that could break other families apart but I do not dare say a word. I have not uttered a word regarding these things and she dares to be so judgmental! Does she know how much these secrets are ruining me, piercing my heart to the very core, leaving me brittle?

These are secrets I am keeping on behalf of other people, secrets I am willing to die with and she dares rekindle the fire of hatred I had long forgotten about.