Chapter 7

"Shit!"

"Uuuhhhh, I am mmhhmm, the thing is." I said this slowly trying to cook up a lie.

"Go on then." He said encouragingly and listened attentively.

"Sorry Sir, but Mr Holton asked her to show me around the school, sorry for the inconvenience Sir." A third person with a voice that sounded oddly familiar came to my rescue.

"Oh ok, just remember to come collect your assignment card before the end of the day Hale."

"Ok Sir. I'll come to your class just after lunch." I said this grinning, knowing that my lessons for that day had already ended. My head continued to ache and I was losing balance. He started walking back to the direction of the Geography class like no lie had been told to him. He was very oblivious. And then there was an awkward silence.

"A thank you wouldn't kill anyone would it?" The boy asked smiling at me. Aaarrgghh what's with the smiling? I thought to myself.

"I hadn't asked for your help if I recall and I had everything under control." I lied. With the pain I was in I don't know what I would have done without his help but I didn't want to be too thankful.

"Sure the mumbling gave it away though." He smirked.

"Yeah, whatever! I have things to do, and you should probably go back to wherever you're coming from."

I realised I was helping someone when it was not even beneficial to me? I needed medical attention before I started wearing pink dresses.

"Can't, got kicked out because I was sleeping. I don't think the Chemistry teacher enjoys my company and also doesn't like it when you tell him the way he pronounced Avogadro is wrong."

"Only extremely smart people get kicked out of class because of that."

"Touché" he exclaimed looking rather annoyed with the way I had told him the truth.

There was an awkward silence that I found unbearable so I began walking away. I was not a fan of small talk and this boy was obviously not a big fan of my existence. I went to the school nurse who allowed me to smoke in the San because of the dirt I had on her. When school ended I went back home willingly forgetting to collect my assignment card from Mr Brewster.

Dedicating this chapter to Emily for being a faithful reader and follower and for sometimes trying to get the next chapter info before I post it but I never tell her.

Please comment and vote.