Chapter 5

"So I'm going sit here and you can just walk around and familiarise with your new home." I said this with my meanest voice.

I didn't want him looking for a familiar face when he entered the cafeteria. I surprisingly sounded confident, which was very odd.

"I thought you were the one who was supposed to show me around?" He said looking confused.

"Things change. For starters I didn't even know you were going to be learning here until a few minutes ago. 2) I thought you were a kid and I had to look after you and be all caring but you're a grown man I don't think you need someone showing you around. 3) I only agreed to this because your uncle really gets on my nerves and I just wanted him to leave. You can go sit anywhere else; so long it's far away from here. The rest of the school will be here in the next 20 minutes you can find a pretty blonde to show you around then you can hook up with her in the art room. Now leave!" I said feeling irritated I only had to say such long sentences to people from home and he had miraculously made it to my list!

"I'm sorry for bothering you but whatever your deal is at least sort out your problems before you come to school to avoid making other people's first day of school horrible. I don't even want to be in this stupid town. I can see you have a lot of things that trouble you. Guess what you are not the only one! I hope you aren't one of those girls that go after the teacher's nephew just because he failed her on a history test she spent two weeks preparing for."

"Ok I get it you can also say extremely long sentences, big whoop! Now please leave me alone." I said this before he could finish his depressingly long sentence that made me wonder why he was in this depressing town after all but I did not have the energy to care.

The town I was impatiently waiting to leave, he was unfortunate enough to be coming here but I didn't let the thought bother me. So this is what people feel like when I speak to them? I thought.

"You're obviously not the only one." He said annoyed.

"I'm going to start ignoring you know. But on a more serious note I really need to be alone." I said.

"You don't look like anyone would want to be around you anyway." He said this as he walked towards the benches close to the basketball court.

"Wow, you must be so proud of yourself but guess what, I've had worse said about and to me. What you just said doesn't have an emotional impact on me."

"Cool, and Hale, please don't mention it to anyone that I am his nephew." If I cared I could have asked him why but I sensed that although I wasn't the ideal girl he had in mind to keep a secret for him, he was grateful it was me.

"I have no one to tell anyway."

"I kind of figured anyway. People with friends don't get to school an hour before and isolate themselves as they listen to music." He said with as he continued to walk at a snail's pace towards the benches.

I was left speechless. It worried me immensely because I always had something to say but at this moment couldn't even construct a simple sentence in my head.

This boy whose name I still did not know had managed to keep me quiet it reminded me of - but before I let my mind wander in that direction I brushed the thought away. I felt quite relieved as I saw his body slowly fade from my peripheral vision. I started to reflect on my actions that morning.

I wasn't proud of my actions but it was the person I now was and I was supposed to be unapologetic. I had recently learnt that those that always apologised for their actions were always the ones that were frequently hurt.