Prologue

Kevin's POV

(Italics = flashbacks)

-------

I was only 8 at the time.

"Get back here you little shit!"

He was three times my size and drunk, I'd never been so scared in my life.

"I did as you asked! Leave me alone!" I was cowering in my bed, praying he wouldn't come in, that he'd just stay outside and yell 'til he tired himself out.

"You think this was done properly??"

He had asked me to clean the house before he got home. It was spotless, but then I broke a glass while I was wiping up; he became furious. So I ran up to my room knowing I was gonna get hurt.

"You get back there and clean up that mess!"

"Why don't you?" I retaliated, "You have something in common with it!"

When mom died, he went crazy, snapped. Just like stepping on a twig, but mentally.

He laughed an evil laugh, "You know what your mother used to say to me?!"

"She loved me! Don't bring her into this!" I screamed.

My mom passed away 3 years ago, Dad saying she's killed herself. Dad said she got so sick of me she left, that I pushed her to it.

He would always say such horrible things that "she always said". I never believed him, of course, because she gave me more love than any other family would.

"She used to say you were such a burden, and a waste of air, a useless piece of shit! And look where you are, you should be acting like a man. Not a boy cowering away in his bed!"

Those words would always replay in my head. Over and over until, finally, I snapped. That's when I started to become the abuser. Taking out my problems on all the other kids that walked by me, giving them a hard time when they probably had problems of their own. I was just making it harder for them.

So I started to play sports, easy way to take out my anger. Became a jock, a cocky one too. Hell, I'd be dating a new girl every week I was that popular but that still came with a price; my house. No, I don't call it my home anymore because she left a long time ago. Every afternoon after school, I'd be too anxious to go inside but lucky enough, my dad's left me for work in another state. A mining job, good pay, good hours, good area, I'd be surprised if my dad made friends. That was a year ago, haven't seen or heard from him since, and thank god for that.

I'm 18 now, my birthday a few months ago, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with my life. Maybe a wife and kids, a good job with good money, a big house, my motorcycle, maybe even a dog. Just the average life of everyone else's average dreams. Maybe not the motorcycle part but you get me.

I have my best man Nathan "Nat" Goldberg. He's a motherfucker, I'll give you that, but he's been by my side through all my problems. Since we met in kindergarten we've been inseparable. We have a lot of things in common: sports, food, movies, music, the regular stuff. He's basically my twin; but with teal green hair, pierced ears, bisexual (very sexual), and he drools over anything attractive that walks past.

I've been a dick a lot, I've regretted some moments and I've felt it needed to be done in other moments. Yeah, call me pathetic for it but I don't care. I can't help it.

There is this one thing that's on my mind a lot though. Well, it's not really a thing but a person, and I feel...special about them, something I haven't felt in a long time...

__________________________

HEY GUYS ! So this is my second book, yess second, omf, and yes I love KevEdd as much as I love Frerard so why the fuck not write a fanfic about them?? Anyways, hope yous all enjoy and hopefully I can update regularly 😁✌

P.s, I have school tomorrow, it's 9:59pm and I wrote this in under 10 minutes (WOO NEW RECORD!) and I'm sorry for any mistakes. x