Chapter 7

I'm just gonna skip to Wednesday 'cause I've been keeping you guys waiting for a while.
I also changed the tutor days to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
_______________________________________

Edward's POV

I stand outside my locker grabbing the few books I need for my first few classes. I had the worst sleep last night and I feel as if my shoulders are weighing with something I can't quite put my finger on. The concert Eddy invited me to is in two days and I still don't know what to wear, who I'm taking, what songs to be prepared for as I dont want to sing the wrong lyrics and be called a "fake fan" for the entirety of the sh- OH DEAR, MY GUEST! WHO AM I GOING TO TAKE?! I have to make the right choice, if I don't the I'll regret taking that person or having to let them down when I give them the need of them not attending anymore and watching their happiness deflate and oh lord!

Breathe in *inhales*, breathe out *exhales*, breathe in *inhales*, breath out *exhales*, breathe i-

"Hey, Dork!" I hear the carrot-coloured haired jock from my far left, turning my head and watching him make his way through the small crowd of pupils. My body flusters as the heavenly boy makes his way toward me. My nerves rise while my expression remains blank.

Without realizing Kevin's already made his way over he's already standing before me. I politely greet him and receive the same before it goes quiet again, the only noise coming from the student body crowded in the hallways.

Our eyes stay connected for a few seconds before I break away and look down flustered. Kevin clears his throat and nervously rubs the back of his neck, holding a folded piece of paper towards my chest. Confused, I cautiously take it and stare at it, as if staring at it will make it do something spontaneous.

The top of the paper has my name written in messy but oddly neat writing. I look up to see Kevin has disappeared.

That's odd...

I open the letter and am revealed to more messy-neat writing:

I spent hours on this last night because my stupid head can't put this into words but I feel like we should hang out more. I hate that we drifted apart when we were kids and I know most of that is because of me, I totally understand if you don't.

If you're free this Friday, I'd like to hang out with you, somewhere that isn't for a study session. I'll leave my number so you can text me or whatever

555-7856

And Edd, I'm sorry for those years when I was an ass to you. You deserve better than that, and I'm hoping you'll see that I've changed.

My mouth hands open in sheer bafflement, is Kevin capable of such emotion? Even for me? A nerd??

A nobody...

He's the typical...pardon my "French"..."Fuckboy". Meaning he gets around, one pair of open legs to the other. His reputation revolves around sex! His penis is his brain! I know, I know, so harsh of me to ridicule such a Neanderthal. Where has such hatred sprung from, you ask? I-

I honestly dont know...

"Sockhead!"

I turn my head at the sound of Eddy's voice and shut my locker, forgetting that it was left ajar. I shove the handwritten letter in my pocket neatly and approach the short hot-head.

"What's bothering you today, Eddy?" I let out an exasperated sigh, readying myself for another one of his rants about the teachers. "That dumb-head Ms Krimp said I didnt do my homework proper even after I spent my whole night in it! A whole night! Wasted on some stupid piece of paper with stupid numbers and weird symbols that could possibly be a clue for the Illuminati or some shit with all their trigonometry and triangles and freakin' "work out" this and "find out" that. I could've been talking to some babes last night but how the fuck am I suppose to do that when Ms Shrimpface is giving me all this stupid homework?? I mean sh-"