Chapter 8

Kevin's POV

"Yeah, should be cool." I lift the cup of water to my lips...but end up choking on the water when I realize what I said. "W-Wai-" I begin, but Double D cuts me off.

"Really? You'll go with me?" He starts to show a smile, how could I say no to a smile as good as his?

I let out out a sigh, "Yeah, ok, but Ed better not hug me."

Double D's smile grows and squeals, he's so excited about this. Why?

"Hey, D?" He looks up at me, "What's wrong, Kevin?"

It's a stupid question to ask, but I've never seen him this excited about something he's not that into a lot and I can't help but smile a little. "What's got you so excited?"

He smiles again, "You've ticked off the most important thing on my to-do list, to find someone to have the spare ticket. I'm just so relieved that you've agreed to come with, I really didn't want the ticket to go to waste and with such little notice and I don't know anyone who would take the ticket." He rambled

"Oh," ouch, "well I'm glad you're less...stressed?" I didn't want it to come out as a question but oops.

"Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get there." He puts on his "thinking face" and goes quiet. An idea comes to mind.

"How about you get a ride with me?"

"You have a car?" He questions.

"No, I have Baby." I smile at the thought of her, but Double D laughs.

"Oh no, not that dreadful thing." He starts walking towards the stairs, "But think about it," he turns around.

"I pick you up, we ride there, then you ride back again with me and I'll just drop you off. It's quicker anyway, all the traffic that'll be there after the show. We'll just weave around them."

Edd ponders over the thought momentarily and eventually comes to a decision. "Ok-"

"Alright!" I cheer, but I'm quickly shushed. "On the account that you drive as slow as I tell you to." Edd holds out his hand to shake.

"Ugh, fine. Deal."