Chapter 3

Eddward POV

"So how are we gonna do this, dorko? You got any brain juice that i can drink or somethin'?" He snickers, "No, I do not, Kevin, as that would be highly unsanitary as one's head is full of many different illnesses and diseases. But I will however be guiding you through this with simple equations even an 8th grader can solve."

We arrived home ten minutes ago and Kevin has constantly been dawdling around my room and questioning my various collections and such, at one point he nearly broke off Jim's arm (well, branch). Right now, I'm sitting at my desk setting out today's lesson.

"Pfft, whatever." Kevin drops onto his back on my bed, "Isn't Pluto no longer a planet?" I turn around and see him staring at the solar system I have displayed on my ceiling.

"Uh, yes, but it is still my favorite one out of all, "The Dwarf Planet" more like." I myself stare for a bit, how me and I tiny planet have a little in common: small but sweet and innocent, excluded, fazed out from existence...

"So when are we gonna start, dork?" I'm snapped out of my gaze and focus back on what I was doing. "I'm practically finished, Kevin, we can start now if you like?"

"Yeah okay." I offer to get him another chair but he refuses, I try again mentioning his posture and how he can worsen it and he gives in.

"I have a spare fold-out chair for teaching purposes and this is a good one, heh." I laugh awkwardly, he raises an eyebrow and I gulp, "I'll get started."

------------------------

"Do you understand now?" It's now been twenty minutes and Kevin has only answered five correctly using the right formula, but it's not quite processing in his head.

"Just, ugh, give me a minute." He groans.

"Kevin perhaps we should take a five to ten minute break, OK?" He sighs and nods, dropping his pencil back on the desk and leaning back on his chair. I offer him a drink and he accepts, leaving him to relax for a couple of minutes I head downstairs.

I pull out two cups from the top cupboard and a jug of water from the fridge adding some ice cubes and grabbing biscuits for snacks. Once I pour the water I pause, am I bothering him?  Pressuring perhaps? Maybe I should extend the break, I don't want him to stress too much. I make my way back upstairs and pause at the door when I hear light footsteps from inside. I push open the door and see Kevin pacing back and forth across my room muttering to himself...

Kevin POV

God, Kevin, get it together!

I slam my fist on the table and knock over the pencil jar, damn it! I crouch down next to the desk and clean up the cluster of pencils on the floor. Once I put them back on the desk I stand up and cover my face with my hands, sliding them down and falling back at my sides.

"Why's he gotta be so damn shy and shit? Why can't he just stop being cute and quit distracting me from my work? Well,Kevin,maybe if you just told him how you're starting to feel that might make it better? Are you kidding me?? God knows how he'll react, he'll be so weirded out, grossed out maybe, but, just, UGH! Make up your mind, dipshit! Why can't you just grow a pair, man up an-" I see the door open out the corner of my eye (which I know it wasn't before) with Double D in the doorway holding the drinks he got and a packet of biscuits.

My face immediately goes red, spreading up to my ears and all over my cheeks."Sup?" is all I manage to choke out, I rack my brain for more words and I finally find them.

"You, uh, got thinks- I mean drinks, heh." Okay, nope. Shut up, Kevin. Double D stands there for a good thirty seconds or so and walks in, ignoring my existence and putting the drinks and snack on the desk. He turns around,

"I'm going to pretend that didn't happen and continue with the tutoring, is that okay?" He says with an awkward smile on his face, maybe I should just go...

"Dork, look, I'm gonna go back to my house, we'll finish this another time." I grab my jacket and head for the door but a small hand grabs my wrist, almost holding my hand. I turn around instantly and blush, so does he.

"S-Sorry, but you don't have to go, Kevin. You can still stay, I don't mind." His eyes glimmer from the sunlight coming through the window and god damn it!

"Alright, alright, just please forget that happened?" He nods and goes back to the desk, taking a sip of his drink and telling me to join him. I take a few glances at him as he reads over one of his text books, this goes on for a few minutes until he notices...

"Is there something I can assist you with, Kevin?" Edd asks impatiently, fuck, why do I gotta be so annoying?

"I, uh, i-it's nothing, are we gonna continue wearning?" What the hell was that, Kevin??

"Pardon?"

"I-I was meant to say working but thought of saying learning and I just kinda mashed them together by accident?" I rub the back if my neck and smile awkwardly. God, I suck so much.

Double D laughs and shows his gap-toothed smile, I feel the heat rise back up to my cheeks again and feel all fuzzy. Edd's just so...beautiful, he's the most brightest (smart and aura wise) person I've ever met and I just feel weird when I'm around him. Of course I have to be intimidating for my rep but I don't think I can help it anymore...

_______________________

And hello! Sorry for the wait and ending up with this shitty chapter, next chapter's shit too. But I should be on it soon 😁

~ Lilli Pilli 😁