Chapter 9

Kevin's POV

It was the night of the concert and we were still at home, Double D was still freaking about if we have the right tickets or if they're damaged in any way or if we're gonna be too late and the tickets don't scan. Pretty much just every scenario that could happen in this kind of situation. I try reassuring him,

"Hey, Double D?" I coax,

"What is it now, Kevin?" Double D raises his voice.

"Edd, you need to calm down." I gently place my hand on his arm, rubbing gently to try and soothe him in a way. Knowing that Edd doesn't really like people touching him my hand is quick to be swat away.

Though for Edd the touch still lingers, almost tingles.

Double D sighs, "We should get going, we still need to meet with the group before we actually go inside the venue." And with that we head off.

———————————————————————————

The opening act's music was pumping so loud when they arrived to the venue, each note the guitar played only hyped Kevin up even more. The teens were still waiting on Nazz and Eddy who were running really late, making Kevin's patience wear thin.

"Do you think they're hooking up in some alley?" Rolf whispered to Ed, giggling at Ed's reaction when he widened his mouth in shock at such an idea. "Rolf, you can't say that when Kevin's here."

"No, no, go ahead, by all means." Kevin forces a smile, but is replaced with a scowl when he looks away. Edward notices this and reassures him,

"I'm sure they're just stuck in traffic."

"Yeah, stuck in Nazz's traffic." Rolf laughs, Ed tries to shush him but Kevin beats him to it, stepping too close for comfort to the blue-haired teen.

"You got a mouth on you tonight, Rolf. Better shut it before I do it for you." Kevin threatens through clenched teeth, Rolf gulping audibly.

"Yeah, w-whatever, man." Rolf mutters,

Kevin steps back to his previous spot next to Edd, the raven's anxiety still settling after the sudden disagreement. He wouldn't know what to do if the orange haired boy got into a fight, let alone what he'd do with himself if the older got hurt.

"Speak of the devil." Kevin mutters, eyes locked onto the greedy douche that is Eddy. The boy has his arm around Nazz's shoulders, along with a denim jacket that's clearly too big for her wrapped around nicely, complimenting the short black dress she wore.

"Kevin!" Nazz's exclaims, running up to the teen with open arms and a smile plastered on her face. Kevin accepts the hug, he's mood brightening a little at the hyper girl.

"Great, now that we're all gathered we can head inside now." Edward starts to walk to the main gate, the others following shortly after.

Once their tickets are scanned they were free to roam around the arena, "Guys, the band's on in 10. We should head down there now." Nazz says, excitement clear in the teens voice. The teens agree and head down, the view from the stairs is unreal. The lights are dimmed low, getting ready for the band, but even with the lights dimmed you can see all the seats in the arena filled to maximum capacity, the floor buzzing with fans waiting for their idols.

Once they've reached the floor Edward takes his time taking in the scenery, bewildered at such a sight of so many people in one place. This is his first concert and he couldn't be any happier being with the perfect people.

Well almost.

"Guys! You made it!" A loud voice is heard from behind the raven, and it's none other than the sassy, teal haired boy that lives in the next street.