Chapter 4

Kevin's POV

Once my front door is open I throw my jacket on the lounge and head into the kitchen to make some food.

Yes, I stress eat and I honestly don't know how I never gain weight. Good metabolism maybe? Ugh, who cares, I've got bigger problems now!

How am I suppose to keep this up with Edd? Why am I even keeping this from him? He deserves to know, right? But yet again he might not 'cause he would ditch me for school anyway. Wait, no, Edd isn't like that and I'm stupid for thinking that. I feel so girly about this, why do girls stress so much over guys??

A sort of good but maybe bad idea pops into my head and I'm risky enough to go with it. I pick up my phone and text one of my dearest, sorta, friends.

***ten minutes later***

I hear a faint knock on my door and I'm kinda relieved that they're finally here. I open the door to see my blonde headed dude, Nazz. She's my dude 'cause she's like one of the guys but a girl so it's kinda neutral.

"Kevin, hi!" She pulls me in for a big hug, "Ugh, I was getting so bored at my place, thanks for the invite." She laughs and pulls away. I move out of the doorway for her to come in and she makes herself at home, as this basically was her second home.

Okay, yes, we may have dated a year or two back but that doesn't stop us from being good friends. Nazz has helped me with shit as much as I have with her and she kinda owes me this after I helped her with one of my friends. I make my way to the couch where she's seated and offer any food or drinks.

"Nah, I'm good, man." She picks up one of my motorbike magazines and flips through a few pages, stopping on one with a bored look on her face. She puts it down, "So, how's Double D? You tell him yet?"

The fuck??

"Nazz, how do you-"

"Kevin, it's so obvious! You always eyeball him at school and get mad jealous when even Nat compliments him, let alone anyone." Jeez, so much for being discreet.

"Damn..." Is all I could say, was she stalking me? Before I could ask she cuts me off again, "Yes, I may or may not have been stalking you, lurking maybe. On social media though." I open my mouth to speak and again I'm cut off. "No, I can't read minds, you're just very easy to read."

"Uh-huh." I try to process the conversation we just had but move on anyway. I ask if she can help me deal with this, "Yeah, dude, sure. But-"

I groan, of course she's gonna want a favor on return, "you gotta help me with Timothy..." She trails off.

"What's wrong now??" Nazz has been with him for 3 weeks, what could possibly be the problem??

"Well, he's being kinda...douchey, and I saw him looking at Samantha..." I whine, "Nazz, he's such a jerk! Even if he is good looking, still a jerk. How about a nicer guy, one that you actually deserve?" She thinks on the question and agrees. I honestly don't get why girls go after such assholes. Yet again I was like that, but nope. I like guys now.

Yes, I've come to terms with my sexuality since last year, seeing as I now see what other girls see in girls, gross. In all honesty, I'm not even gonna question it. I mean I did when it was first developing but it makes sense to me now and I'm sure there are a lot of famous athletes that are gay or bi and I'm all good with that. Boosts my confidence more.

"Alright, now my situation." I sigh,

"Yeah, sorry. So what's the problem?"

----------------------------------

"See, all you gotta do is that. Simple." Nazz came up with a plan that'll help me with Double Dork and how I can talk to him without being an idiot. She says I should do it next Friday which is cool with me but I don't know about Dork. I ask Nazz if she wants to stay for dinner since I'm getting take-out.

"Uh, yeah, ok, my parents shouldn't mind. How do you have money when your dad hates you so much?" Nazz knew about the situation I had at home, since I turned 12. It got pretty bad and I went to hers that night. I turned up on her doorstep crying, she deserved an explanation and she kept it to herself all those years. Even when we broke up she went a bit whack but she wasn't spiteful about it.

"I have my ways..." I say teasingly, "Kevin!"

"What?? It's not drug trafficking, I swear, promise." I laugh and hold my arms up in defense as she studies me, finally releasing me from her stare. I ordered Chinese and put on a movie for us to watch in the mean time. But my mind drifts away from the movie and I can't help thinking about Dork again.

I just hope this works...

________________________

Hello-Hello! And Merry Christmas Eve from Aus! I had a sneak peak at my presents and they all feel like clothes and all I've asked for is band merch ;)

Anyway, hope your holidays are going swell!! ❤❤