Chapter 1 ~ The Move

(A/N: Mya's new house in pic)

Mya's POV****

Crap.

I wake up to the sweet melodic sound of my gosh-darned alarm clock blaring "We Are Never Getting Back Together"  by Taylor Swift. Curse my twelve-year-old self. I just wish I knew how to freaking change it.

Anyways, as I hit the snooze button on the wretched thing for about the umpteenth time,  I finally decide to face reality and wake the heck up. I groan while pushing myself up to stretch from my wondrous sleep. At least it would have been. If I got more than four hours of it. 

"MYA!" I jump back to reality as I hear my mother screech from downstairs, "Get down here! The moving van will be here any minute and you need to start bringing your boxes down"

Oh, right... I'm never coming back here again. Eh.

Well, that's the plan at least. Ever since my father passed a few months ago from a brain tumor, my mom has been working her booty off at work as a way to forget that he is gone and will therefore never return since he's buried about six feet under at this very moment. 

God, I miss him.

I guess you could say I was a little daddy's princess, but that was kind of bound to happen. Being an only child and all. But ever since then my mom has worked extra days and nights and everything in-between at the hospital trying to slip away from reality. I just don't think she took into consideration that I might be hurting just as much. 

All the hard work she has put in, however, has paid off and she got a promotion with her job as a surgeon. Now here we are leaving this town and never returning.

"Be down in a minute, Ma" 

As I groggily trudged downstairs, I stop in my tracks to see a near barren house. My house. That held so many memories.  So much love. All of it just... poof, gone.

I head outside to see my mother already loading the large U-Haul van of all the precious belongings that once closely held a loving, caring family. I stare blankly at the halfway filled truck until I am pulled once again out of the depths of my mind by my mother. "C'mon Mya, we need to leave now if we want to make it there by Friday"

"Alright, alright, I'm coming" I respond to her as I hop in the passenger side of the truck and look back at my forgotten home. 

"We'll be alright bubby, don't worry okay? We will start a new life in California and you'll forget we ever even lived in Ohio," my mother said while patting my knee as an attempt to comfort me. I just sighed, leaning my head on the cool window looking back one last time down the street.

That was the last time I saw my house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey! So that was the FIRST chapter of my FIRST book....yeaaa pretty crusty but I will try to improve!