Chapter 3 ~ The Boy With the Eyes

(A/N: Carly in the pic)

Mya's POV****

Walking into the massive building, I felt a sudden boost of confidence. That all vanished when I realized that I don't know where the hell I am supposed to go. Now I'm walking around this school for what seems like forever while glancing at my school handout manual every now and then trying to maneuver around the hallways that reek of crazy teenage hormones, stress, and testosterone. Yuck. 

As I was doing all of this I got side tracked when I kept hearing people whispering around me.

I heard things from- "OH look, that must be the new chick, she's kinda pretty ...but in a totally slutty way" to "Dude! I would SO hit that", to "Damn, didn't know the new girl was black" and so on and so forth.

 I stopped and looked up confused. Then it hit me.

You're the new girl Mya, remember?

Gosh darnit. I forgot about that. But hey, maybe someone can help me out. I looked around, frantically searching for someone who wasn't staring at me or giving me up-down looks because honestly I was starting to get extremely uncomfortable. I mean really, have these people never seen a new student before? Gosh, I just needed to get my schedule so they can all mind their own freaking business. 

Then I saw a girl who was carelessly shoving things from her black studded back pack into her locker. I slowly approached her, praying that she will just help me find my way to the registration office. As I stood by her I debated on whether or not I should ask her or just keep moving and find it myself. Then I decided that I would rather not spend my day hunting for a piece of paper and tapped her on her shoulder. She instantly turned around and I asked her if she knew where the office was. She looked at me confused like I was a lost puppy or something. Which I guess I kind of am.

Then she took out her earbuds and said "Sorry, did you say something?"

"Yeah, I was just -uh wondering if you knew where the registration office might be?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh, you're the new kid huh? Yeah, I'll help you out, just follow me" she began walking and I caught up pacing towards my destination beside her. "I'm Carly by the way" 

I looked at Carly and carefully observed her. That's just something I do when I meet someone new. I have always been a very observant person. At least that's what my dad would tell me. But it has been proven along the years because I don't do human interaction that much. Let's just say I'm kind of shy.

Anyways, I looked at Carly to see that she was pretty short compared to my 5' 8" height. Probably around 5' 3". She has an almost pale skin tone with her light brown ombre hair in a ponytail. And was wearing a choker and a grey halter top with a red flannel around her waist and black skinny jeans paired with some sneakers. She had a great fashion taste. She wasn't like emo or anything. More hipster and had a chill, laid-back vibe to her.

"Mya," I replied, shaking her waiting hand. 

"So Mya, here we are," she said as we came to a halt in front of glass doors with the sign saying, 'Registration Office'. How could I not find this. 

"Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it," I told her with a genuine smile.

Carly returned the smile replying, "It's no problem, I'm glad I could help. And if you need anything you can text me, here," she opened up her phone and handed it to me. I did the same and we exchanged numbers. "You should sit with me and my friends at lunch, I'm sure they'd love to meet you"

"Yeah, sounds good. So I'll meet you in the commons then?"

"Yep, see ya later new girl"

"Bye," And with that she walked away and I turned facing the doors. As I pushed them open I was greeted by an overly cheery woman in her mid 40's. 

"Oh hello! Are you a new student?" she asked and I nodded, giving her a smile that feigned enthusiasm. "Wonderful! Well I guess I'll get you set up and you can be on your way!" 

"Okay, thanks," I said. She handed me some printed papers and I walked towards the door. She told me to have a great first day, I just nodded in response heading towards my first class of the day.

I looked down at my schedule. 'Mr. Harper: AP Biology'. I looked at the door and sighed, turning the door knob. I walked in and everyone stopped what they were doing as I strode over to Mr. Harper's desk. He looked up at me and asked, "May I help you young lady?"

I nodded and said, "Uhm, yeah I'm Mya. Mya Richards. I'm new here," 

"Oh yes," the bald headed teacher replied, "class, this is Mya, she will be joining us this school year so I expect you all to help her adjust"

The class was staring at me like I was some sort of alien. Have these people NEVER witnessed a new student coming to their school before! The guys were staring at my whole body with smirks on their faces or biting their lip while a few of the cake-faced girls threw me looks of disgust.

I just stood there awkwardly waiting for Mr. Harper to speak again. 

"Okay, well, I will have you take a seat next to Mr. West back there," Mr. Harper said, breaking the silence and pointing to a boy looking down at his paper next to an empty seat. 

I strode down the walkway while a couple of girls glared at me. What the hell did I do?! I literally just got to this school and people already hate me. Geez. 

I soon stood next to my chair and the boy snapped his head up. My breath hitched in my throat as I took in all his glorious beauty. His light brown, sandy hair was slightly disheveled but in an attractive way and his piercing green-blue eyes held my gaze as I sat down in the seat next to him. 

Mr. Harper continued with his lesson for the day, but I just couldn't seem to focus because... well, I was just inches away from a GREEK GOD! He looked at me again with those breathtaking eyes before speaking up.

"Hey, I'm Ryder"

I think I'm going into cardiac arrest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This chapter was a bit longer but things will start to get better and I think maybe I should do a chapter in Ryders point of view soon?