Chapter 7 ~ The Kitchen Disaster

Mya's POV*****

I yawn loudly as I attempt to open my eyes only to be blinded by sunlight.

I thought I closed my blinds? Huh, weird.

I begin to shuffle around, confused as to why my mattress suddenly sounds and feels like a bed of leaves, hearing them crunch beneath me. Then I try to get up only to be pulled back into a rock hard chest with strong arms as they tighten around me. Turning around fully I am faced with a sleeping Ryder while he is still lightly snoring.

"It's rude to stare princess," Ryder grumbles. 

Lawd help me, 'cause that sexy morning voice is my only weakness right now.

I then blush and reply with "I thought you were still sleeping,"

"Nah, I've been awake for a while actually," He says while peeking an eye open, then whispers "I just wanted to hold you for a little longer"

I softly laugh, then decide to get up and dust myself off. "I can't believe we spent the whole night out here"

"Yeah, I found myself doing that a lot whenever I come up here," Ryder says while getting up and adjusting his clothes. "It's just so relaxing and peaceful"

"Yeah," I reply while staring at him. "Well, uh, I guess we should get back, huh"

Ryder nods his head and we walk back to the front of the woods heading to his car. He opens the door for me and I get in, smiling to myself. Gahh he's such a gentleman.

The ride back home was pretty silent with soft background music playing from his car radio. It was pretty quiet, but not a deafening awkward silence. It was comfortable and relaxing. 

Ryder pulls into his driveway and we both got out. I walk to my house and he follows close behind. We step onto my porch and stop at the front door. 

"So, I-I uh, had a great time with you, thanks, for you know, hanging out with me," I managed to stutter out.

He grins and says, "I enjoy your company, Mya. Like I said, you make me smile" ending with a wide smile

I chuckle, looking down shyly and fiddle with my fingers, then look up and ask, "So, um, do you wanna come inside?" Ryder looks back and smirks at me then I quickly add, "Well I mean if you want to. I know you're probably busy and stuff and I w-"

He suddenly cuts me off and says, "Yeah, I'd love to," I smile and turn to unlock the door as I lead us inside my house. 

You can tell we are still moving in due to the few boxes still laying around in a few odd places. This house doesn't feel as 'homey' as my last, but I'm slowly adapting and becoming more comfortable with it. 

I walk into the family room and he plops down on the couch. I reach over and turn the television on with the remote and settle on the couch beside Ryder, adding a comfortable distance between us. Ryder soon terminates the space and I involuntarily lean my head on his shoulder, then look up to see him grinning. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and we sit watching re-runs of Friends silently with a few laughs because this show was pretty dang funny.

After a few episodes, I feel my tummy grumble and I realize we haven't eaten anything yeet. I mentally pray Ryder didn't hear it and ask, "Hey are you hungry?"

He slowly nods and simply says, "Yeah, I could eat"

I get up and Ryder follows me into the kitchen. I turn around placing my hands on the counter-top and ask, "Whatcha wanna eat?"

"Let's cook something"

"Uh sure, what do you want to make?" I ask

"Cookies!" Ryder replies while cheesing really hard like a five year old and pointing a finger in the air like he just came up with some genius idea.

"Someone really likes cookies..." I mumble under my breath while chuckling lowly.

"Hell yeah," he says in a 'duh' tone, "Where's your pantry?" I point to the closet next to the fridge and Ryder walks in, getting the ingredients needed. I walk over to the fridge and pull out the eggs. A devious smirk crosses my face as I quickly glance back to see Ryder's back facing me while he sets the items out on the counter. 

I slowly creep up on him then... CRACK!

Ryder slowly turns to face me with his mouth wide open and egg yolk sliding down the side of his face and says lowly, "Oh you are so gonna pay for that Richards"

I look at him confused and innocently ask, "What? I did nothing wrong" 

Ryder takes a couple steps forward and I mirror his steps by taking a couple back until I am trapped by his body and the wall. In a quick second he reaches behind himself and pours flour all on top of my head. I reach in the bag and blow some in his face. This helped me manage to slip away from his confinement and run around to the other side of the counter. Ryder chases me and grabs me by my waist, pulling me to him.

"You thought you could get away from me, huh princess?" I slightly shiver under his grasp and then let out a loud squeal as I feel a cool liquid pour down my back. I jump around seeing Ryder nearly rolling on the floor laughing with the milk gallon in his hand. I glare at him and he calms down.

After a few more eggs are tossed, we clean up the kitchen and ourselves, then walk into my room, completely forgetting about our cookies. I allowed him to shower and gave him some of my dad's clothes that I used to wear as pajamas then showered myself.

I lay on my bed and wait for Ryder. He appears moments later fully cleansed and lays down next to me.

"What's your worst fear," he suddenly asks out of the blue.

I hesitated before answering with, "I guess I'm just afraid of death. You know, like losing the one's I love. That's kind of the main reason why I keep to myself so much. I'm afraid that once I grow too close to someone... I'll lose them" A few moments passed, then I asked, "What about you, are you afraid of dying"

"Nope"

I looked at him puzzled and asked why.

He sighed and said, "I'm not afraid of dying necessarily, I know that we all have to go one day, it's inevitable. I'm more afraid of how I'm going to die. I mean, I don't want to die suffering, like drowning in water or sand, stuff like that"

"I guess that makes sense. I never really thought about it that way. Do you think about that often?"

"No, not really. I kind of just wonder how and when it'll happen from time to time"

I didn't reply after that and it was silent once again.

Ryder sat up a little, then walked over to my record player. I watched as he looked through my large collection of vinyls and he put on Disappear by Mikky Ekko. I love this song.

Every time I close my eyes
I feel I cannot turn back
Every time I close my eyes
I want to fall back into you

I softly hummed along to the tune and rested my head on his shoulder as it felt like second nature to me at this point, and closed my eyes.

So long to the life we used to know
'Cause every time I close my eyes
I want to disappear with you

And I hope you want to disappear, too 

That was how I spent the rest of my Saturday afternoon, feeling very content with the way things turned out since I've moved here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

HEY! Thanks for reading, I thought this chapter was pretty cute...sigh.

PLEASE comment suggestions for upcoming chapters, it would be SUPER appreciated!