Chapter 6 ~ The Woods

(A/N: Mya's outfit in pic)

Mya's POV*****

This past week has been pretty great, honestly. I am beginning to get closer and closer with the guys (including Carly). I sit with them at lunch everyday, and I have a few classes with each of them, but Comp. Tech is the best because I have that class with all five of them. Plus all we do is mess around and make jokes about the teacher who just sleeps through the period.

I was now back at home and it's Friday. I look over at the corner of my room at the few boxes holding miscellaneous objects that I have left unpacked. Since I have nothing better to do on a Friday night I decide to unpack them or at least get started on it. 

As I was sifting and sorting through my items, I stopped when I noticed a silver shimmer. I moved things around until I held a black photo album with a silver and gold lining around it. I don't even remember packing this and I only left a few weeks ago.

I opened up the large album and felt tears brim my eyes. I couldn't see the pictures anymore because my eyes were soon glazed over by my tears making it look blurry.

I started flipping through the pages seeing pictures of my father and me, and some with my mother over the years. I then flipped to the back and saw a bunch of napkins with inspirational messages from my father such as, 'You're the smartest little girl I know, love you princess. Kick butt today as your first day being a first grader. I'm so proud of you! Love, Daddy' and others on my first day of middle school and high school. He would put them in my lunch bag and no matter how much of a crap day I had it would never fail to place a smile upon my face.

 I also noticed a piece of piano sheet music that was somewhat tattered. I could still see the notes and recognized the song instantly. This caused a sob to wrack through my body as I held the paper. I haven't played or sang in a while. Mainly because it just didn't feel the same without him. He's the one who taught me.

God, I really do miss him.

Moments later I heard tapping on my window. I looked up to see Ryder, with a concerned expression etched on his gorgeous face. I then looked down a little and stared directly at his sculpted abs. He was shirtless and soon noticed where my eyes wandered and slightly smirked. He then looked back at my tear filled eyes and regained the worried look as he tilted his head to the side as if to ask what was wrong.

I just shook my head and he kept tapping and gestured for me to open my window. I went over to the window and opened it with all the strength I could muster since I was feeling pretty weak. 

"Hey there sunshine, what's wrong? Have you been crying," Ryder asked with concern lacing through his voice.

"I'm fine," I whispered as I faked a smile as an attempt to reassure him that I was alright, although clearly, I wasn't. And by his facial expressions I could tell he wasn't buying it either.

"Meet me on my porch in five minutes, I'm taking you somewhere," He said as he threw on a plain navy blue T-shirt. He was wearing something so simple, yet still managed to look flawless.

How? I wondered.

He walked away without another word and I turned around to leave too. Then I looked down and noticed I was in my pajamas that consisted of baggy sweatpants and a tank top that read 'Messy Hair, Don't Care'. Well, obviously I'm not going out in this because I certainly do care when it comes to Ryder. So I decided to change into a black and white Nike windbreaker over a white crop top and put on some shorts and sneakers. I threw my long dark brown hair in a high ponytail and trudged downstairs.