Chapter 2 ~ The School

(A/N: Mya's outfit in pic)

Mya's POV****

I woke up feeling so nervous I could practically taste the bile rise in my throat as I got up to get ready for school. This is actually pretty scary for me seeing as I have never been "The new girl", and I really wasn't planning on it either. But you gotta do what you gotta do right? So with that in my mind, I headed towards my bathroom to take a shower. 

I walked in and cringed as I saw myself in the mirror. Stress and nervousness really do take a toll on one's appearance I see. I touched the slightly puffy bags under my baby brown eyes, shaking my head, I walked to my shower and turned the handle all the way to the left. Since it seems all showers only have two settings, (scorching hot and arctic freezing) I chose the safer side and risked getting burned rather than catching pneumonia before I even start my first day of school. 

As I waited for the steam to settle into the shower, I trudged back into my room to pick out an outfit that would hopefully not make a bad first impression on my peers. I walked to my closet that now fully contained my wardrobe and then some and mentally high-fived myself for not being my usual lazy self and managed to unpack most of my things.

I picked out a shirt and a flannel to throw over and decided on some light-wash shorts with a cute tan belt because it gets hot out here in this Cali weather.

After taking my shower, I straightened out the dark brown hair that flowed down my back and moisturized my chocolate brown skin so I won't look like some ashy kid who looks like they've been playing in flour.  

"Mya, honey, I made breakfast so get down here so we can eat and I'll drop you off at school" my mother shouted from the kitchen.

 I made my way downstairs, following the aroma of delectable scents that filled my nostrills. As I walked into the kitchen I notice my mother in her work clothes still looking beautiful with her gorgeous complexion and long, curly hair.

"Hey there mama," I told my mom as I snuck up beside her, "whatchacookin'?" 

"Some bacon, eggs, and toast for my baby because it's her first day back"

"Aw mama you didn't have to..."

"Oh thisain't for you sweetcheeks. This is all for me" She said while licking her lips in satisfaction of her cooking.

 "Smh." I replied rolling my eyes while giving her a death glare.

"I'm just playin' child now eat your food, we got to get going soon" She said as she set our food down at the seating area.

-----------------------------

"Have a great day baby I will pick you up afterwards you just gotta text me a time okay?" my mother said to me as we pulled into the parking lot of my new school. This place was huge. 

"Yep, alright..." I sighed, looking nervously out of my window to see what would await me. I then hopped out of the car blowing my mama a kiss as she returned it and exited the school premises. 

I looked down at my outfit checking to see that everything was intact and walked into my new school.

Oh geez... 

Was my last thought as I entered the large front doors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well there's chapter two, these will hopefully get longer I'm just getting into the swing of things ;)