Chapter 4 ~ The New Friends

(A/N: Ryders house in pic)

Ryder's POV*****

AP Bio has been boring as usual. I tuned out the class and their discussions and just looked down at my notebook while scribbling down random phrases and sketches onto the lined paper. Ugh. 

This morning was not the best. I got to school and the first thing I see is none other than my ex-girlfriend, Lexi, pounce onto me while smothering my face with sloppy kisses. It was disgusting. I attempted to wiggle her off of me, but she just held on tighter. I was literally being tortured at that moment, but everyone seemed to think it was adorable saying things like 'Awww goals' or ' Aren't they just a match made in heaven'? 

I couldn't disagree more. 

"BABBYYY! I missed you so much this summer!" Lexi's high pitched voice squealed, "Why didn't you text me I was lonely," Lexi said as she pouted and her lips turned into a devious smirk. I suppose she was trying to be seductive? Hah, yeah nice try. I honestly don't know what possessed me to date her. Everything about Lexi was fake, from her bleach blond hair and extensions to her caked face. I just wasn't with it anymore.

After finally managing to be released from her death grip, I held her wrist and pulled her away from the hall of crowed students and into a vacant classroom. I closed the door behind me and looked over at Lexi with a blank expression and said, "Lexi, you need to stop this. We aren't together and you know that. So just let it go. Move on. Find someone else. I really don't care, but just please stop acting like we are actually still a thing. That has been long gone since you decided to hook up with the whole football team while we were together." I  glared at her with an angry scowl on my face. 

She just moved closer to my ear and whispered, "Oh you know you miss me too RyRy, don't deny our connection" then backed away rubbing her hands up and down my arms.

I pushed her hands away and replied coldly, "I'm done here. We are done forever. Don't  talk to me. Bye," and with that I left.

I was interrupted from my unpleasant thoughts as I felt a presence before me. I snapped my head up and stared in awe at the beautiful girl standing right in front of me with a similar expression. I don't think I've ever seen someone as gorgeous as her. God, she was a beauty...

She sat down beside me and started to fiddle with her pen. Then she looked over at me and I stared back, holding her gaze. She had beautiful doe-like baby brown eyes with flecks of gold around the iris. Then I decided to introduce myself before I embarrass myself by looking at her like some creep and said, "Hey, I'm Ryder"

She smiled at me and it was so contagious that I couldn't help but return it. She then spoke with such an angelic voice I felt my knees buckle, "Hey Ryder, " she held her hand out and said, "I'm Mya"

I shook her hand and couldn't help but grin at the feeling of her smooth chocolate hand in mine. It just felt so... perfect

"Well Mya, I think we are going to be great friends," I said looking at her with a boyish, charming grin. 

She just blushed and replied with, "Well seeing as I'm new here and know absolutely no one, I think I'll take you up on that offer," And ending with a smirk.

I smirked to myself as she and I continued to converse throughout the lesson. Shit, we just met like forty minutes ago and I can already feel myself having a connection with her. She's just so different from all of the other girls at this school. But different in a good way... unique

The bell rang and everyone rushed to head out to their next class. I caught up with Mya and asked her what her next class was.

"Uh," she looked at her time table and said, "World History" 

"Awesome, me too. Can I walk you?" I asked with a hopeful smile. 

"Lead the way, sir," She said in an accent that made us both jump out into a fit of laughter. 

-------------------------------------

A couple periods later and it was lunch. I'm going to meet up with the guys and because so far I haven't had a class with any of them. But I had two with Mya. She was so intriguing that I wanted to know everything about her... and I just met her three periods ago!

"Hey West! Over here," I heard Kyle shout across the room. My head snapped in the direction of one of my best friends and I walked over to them. 

"Aye man, what's up," I asked as we did our bro-hug. 

He shrugged and said, "Nothin' much really. Except for the fact that we had to tear Carly away from beating some freshie's head in for sitting at our table. But other than that you know the usual," 

I laughed shaking my head and following Kyle over to our lunch table. Carly has been part of the group with the guys. The guys being Me, Kyle, Jake, and Ashton. Carly and Ashton have been together for two years now and we are all just one big happy family. Unless you get on Carly's bad side. Then run.

 I sat in my seat next to Jake across from Ashton, Carly and Kyle. 

"Hey guys I'm letting a new friend of mine sit with us today so play nice and don't be ...well... you," Carly told us, muttering the last part. 

I shrugged my shoulders. And Jake piped in saying, "who is it, is it a girl? Is she hot? Where is she? What's her na-"

"Jake! Shut up! You already gave me a headache just sit down, and yes, she's a girl her name i- MYA! Over here" Carly shouted through the cafeteria waving her arms around like a crazy person. I turned around to see Mya in all her beauty heading towards our table. She took a seat next to me and I smiled to myself then turned to her and said, "Hey Mya, how are you? It's been a while," I said jokingly.

She playfully rolled her eyes and said,"Yep," popping the 'p', "a whole  forty-five minutes"

"Which is forty- five minutes too many," I whispered.

Although it was faint, I could see the slight red blush creeping up her dark skin and she looked down shyly. 

She's so cute.

"Oh, I know I am," Mya said to me with a wink.

 I froze. "Did I say that out loud?" I said, although mostly to myself.

"Uh huh" she said throwing a fry in her mouth. I shook my head.

What are you doing to me Mya.

"I heard that too..." she whispered to me.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

MMMMMM I smell a budding friendship. #Myder #Rya

OH! And if you guys are reading this I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate feedback and comments on how to improve and you know stuff like that. THANKS!!!