Chapter 9 ~ The (Almost) Kiss

(A/N: Mya in pic)

Mya's POV****

"Mya..." I groaned while hearing someone wake me from my peaceful slumber. Rude. "Mya... girl, wake yo butt up!"

My eyes shot open and I saw my mom hovering over me. "Mama!" I jumped up and hugged her so tight. "I didn't know you would be back already. I've missed you so much!" I haven't seen my mom in a while due to her odd work schedule, but I cherish the moments that I do. Even if they don't last too long.

"I missed you too babygirl, but I gotta go get ready"

"Ready? Ready for what exactly, I thought you were off today" I was kinda bummed. I actually wanted to spend some time with her because I don't know when the next time I would get to see her would be.

"I have a lunch date with a friend"

"Oh, okay well have a nice time," I guess it's okay. She never really gets to spend time with her girlfriends. "When will you be home?"

"I'm not sure, but don't wait up. You made some friends right, you can hang out with them"

"Yeah, uh okay sure" I tried hiding my disappointment, and it must of worked because she didn't notice and left the house.

I sighed while standing up. My phone started to ring and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello," I grumbled.

I heard a deep, husky chuckle, "Well good morning to you too princess,"

I felt my cheeks get heated as I uttered an apology "Sorry I'm not a morning person"

"I see that" Ryder said then chuckled again. Gosh, I could listen to that forever. "SO, I was wondering if your doing anything this fine saturday morning miss Mya? Because I was thinking you should come hangout for a bit"

I laughed and said "Well it depends, what'd you have in mind?"

"The beach, just you, me and the guys and then maybe chill at my house after?" Well obviously I'm going. This is a wondrous opportunity for me to see this boy in all of his vanilla shirtless glory.

"Sounds like a plan" This smile isn't coming off my face anytime soon.

"Awesome," I could tell he was smiling, "I'll pick you up in an hour." Then he hung up.

I went to my closet and pulled out my beach bag, then stuffed my towel and other necessities in it. Then I looked through my closet and put on my white bikini that showed my belly button piercing.

I slipped on a t-shirt and some denim shorts when I heard the door bell ring.

I opened the door to reveal Ryder wearing a tank top- showing off his sexy muscles- and his swim shorts.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked. Once I had stopped checking him out I nodded and we left.

Once we arrived we were greeted by shirtless Ashton, Jake, and Kyle. And Carly wearing a really cute one-piece from Victoria Secret.

"Hey Mya," Jake greeted me first then pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, but when I turned around I saw Ryder frowning. I looked at him confused and he just shook his head then went to get our stuff from the car.

"So," Carly nudged my side "you ready to have some fun," she asked

"Not too much fun," Ashton said while looking pointedly at Carly. She just rolled her eyes and pulled me away to talk to me.

As we were walking down the beach she said "You know Jake has been talking about you like non-stop since we got here?," I just shook my head.

"Why would he be talking about me?"