Chapter 18: Again

Something moving my head is what caused me to wake up

Something moving my head is what caused me to wake up. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was still in the living room on the couch. Note that Steve was still with me, in the same position from when I fell asleep.

I felt very flattered because he didn't get up and leave me, like every other man in my life.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry," he apologized, stretching out and yawning. "I tend to move when I sleep."

I gave him a tired smile. "Don't worry about it. Why didn't you go back to your room when I fell asleep?"

"I couldn't leave you. Plus, I was supporting your body and me moving would have disturbed you. You looked so comfortable, I couldn't ruin that."

On the inside, I was screaming and dancing all over the place. On the outside, I played it cool.

"Thanks. That was very sweet of you." I took a glance at the clock, noticing the time. "It's five twenty-seven in the morning, and I'd love to go to my bed. I'll see you later on."

We both stood up. 

"Alright, see you."

I walked to my room and shut the door, a really ugly happy dance ensuing soon after. I then flopped onto my bed, smiling myself to sleep. All I could think of was how much I loved Steve's smell. It lingered on my shirt, and I never wanted it to go away.

I slept for about a good hour or so until someone rudely interrupted my crush-induced coma.

It was Nat, being the early bird she is. She'd never barge in on my room like this unless it were important.

I groaned, "Why?"

She plopped down on my bed with so much energy for someone who had just woken up. She had the biggest smile plastered on her face, and I didn't know if she was having a psychotic break and wanted to kill me.

"I saw it," was all she said to me. I cocked my head to the side, confused. "Don't act like you don't know!"

I turned over, squinting at the morning light. "I really don't know. It's early, and I'm confused. I just wanted to sleep but you came into my room like my foster mom when it was time to get up for school."

She slapped me, shrieking, "You and Steve, stupid! I woke up to get a drink of water, and the TV was on, so I go over to turn it off. But then I see you and Steve on the couch. Cuddling!"

I corrected her. "It wasn't cuddling, though I wish it was."

"I knew it. You're falling for him."

"Is it obvious?" I asked, face-palming. "I feel like I'm in high school all over again. Please kill me."

"I know you well, so yes. To others, not so much," she answered. "I'm so happy for you, because this is the first guy you have feelings for that I approve of."