Chapter 4: Loki

As we neared Germany, we didn't have much interaction with each other

As we neared Germany, we didn't have much interaction with each other. Natasha was the pilot, Steve was getting ready, and I sat under the skylight to admire the night sky.

The clouds created a hazy screen around the plane like a halo but I could still catch glimpses of the twinkling stars. It was a calming sight. As I was lost in the trance of the breath-taking scenery, I didn't realize we were starting our descent.

"You're almost up, Cap!" Natasha exclaimed, snapping me back to reality.

Out the window, a crowd of people kneeled on the pavement before Loki, dressed in green and gold armor with a golden horned helmet atop his head. The Norse god pointed the tip of his scepter at an elderly man who stood in the middle of the complying crowd.

"This doesn't look good at all," I muttered, clipping my holster around my waist.

"Cap! I'd hurry if you don't want any casualties," Natasha advised, trying to keep us from being detected.

"Ready for the action again?" I asked, peering up as he latched his shield onto his back.

"I kind of miss it. Wish you could join in, though."

Shaking my head, I said, "My orders are to stay up here until you get him, soldier. I'm just backup."

"Well, I guess I have the best backup out there."

After flashing a smirk, he jumped out of the plane. 

"Ky!" Nat shrieked, her mouth wide open in shock. 

"What?"

"He's flirting," she mouthed, her eyes shining playfully.

"Nat, no. It's not like that."

She rolled her eyes, turning back around.

As Loki's scepter fired at the citizen, I directed my attention back out the window and bit my lip. Luckily, Steve landed in front of the man just in time. The beam of energy ricocheted off of his shield. It hit the god and sent him staggering back.

I sighed, "Thank God."

"You know, last time I was in Germany, I saw a man who stood above everyone else," Steve recalled, a smug look on his face. "We ended up disagreeing."

Loki stood back up and snickered, "The soldier, the man out of time."

"I'm not the one out of time."

They stood their ground, the both of them as still as a statue.

Natasha flipped the switch on the jet's speaker system. "Loki drop the weapon and stand down."

"He's not going to do it without a fight," I mumbled, readying myself as backup. Loki's hand around the scepter tensed up, getting ready to attack. "He's going to hit the jet!"