Chapter 24: Mission Crashers

Steve

Steve

"Okay, so what are we exactly doing?" Bruce questioned, leaning back in his seat. "We're chickens without heads here."

We were all trying to figure out a plan since we had absolutely no strategy. We knew almost nothing about Kylie's operation and didn't want to screw it up for her and cause a mess. She hated me enough, I don't want her hating everyone else. 

Tony was the first to speak up, as expected. "We hang back at a distance, and when she really needs it, we help her out. Simple, really."

I frowned at the thought of crashing her biggest solo mission in a long while. Knowing her, she'd want to be able to do this herself one hundred percent. Frankly, help makes her feel weak.

"Come on, why are we doing this? We all know that she can handle herself," I reminded everyone.

All their eyes locked on me, their faces giving me the, Are you kidding me? look. I threw my hands up, promising them that I wouldn't say anything like that again. 

"For your information, Steve," Clint sassed, "This man is very dangerous. If he really did build his empire again, like you said, he's definitely going to up his game to avoid being caught. His body guards? Some of his best contract killers, no doubt." 

"Kylie's good, but it's too dangerous for her to go against them alone. They all hate her for turning on them to save herself so his first order is going to be to kill her," Nat added on. She shook her head, obvious worry on her face. "She's going to need us."

"Why does she not have SHIELD backup?" Thor questioned, tossing Mjolnir from hand to hand. 

Clint sighed. "It's one of Ky's orders. She knew what these killers were capable of and didn't want to risk the lives of the other agents involved. It would only be the three of us to get up close and personal." 

He pointed to the red head sitting in the pilot seat. 

For the rest of the ride, we had established what we would do. Upon another inspection of the file, we found out that she's attacking a ten-story building belonging to a company front. 

Once in range, Tony would hack into her earpiece that connected her to the agent advising her, just in case we needed to talk to her. Clint would be perched on a nearby building to keep an eye on outside activities while Nat, Thor, and I infiltrated the facility. Bruce would be with whoever was helping Kylie with the mission and would only Hulk out if necessary. 

We were all eager to fight as a team again, and that was probably another reason why we decided to join this fight.

So much for waiting until she needs our help, right?

>>

Kylie

All I could hear was the sound of feet hitting the tile floor. Was it my feet? Partially. Currently, I was running down random corridors to avoid being detected by a group of henchmen. They were more than just henchmen, actually. They were my former acquaintances and partial competition.