6

Stiles

"Did you apologize to Allison?" I asked my best friend who also happened to be a werewolf as we walked onto field for lacrosse practice.

"Yeah" he said blankly.

"Well is she giving you a second chance or-"

"Yeah" he said sounding distressed.

"Yeah! So everything's good then?" I asked him.

"No" he said sighing.

"No?" I asked shocked.

"Remember the hunters? Her dad is one of them." Scott told me.

"Her dad?" I asked confused.

"Shot me"

"Allison's father?" I asked still confused.

"With a crossbow" he said nodding.

"Allison's father-"

"Yes her father! Oh my God!" He yelled frustrated.

"No, Scott. Snap back. Hey, you alright? You ok? He didn't recognize you right?" I asked him noticing he was getting angry.

"No, no I don't think so" Scott said sounding unsure.

"Does she know about him?" I asked Scott referring to Allison's father.

"Oh yeah. I don't know. What if she does? This is gonna kill me man." Scott sighed.

"Ok, just focus on lacrosse. Here take this Scott." I said handing him a helmet. "Take this and focus on lacrosse for now alright? That's all you gotta do, yeah?" I told him trying to calm him down as he got angrier.

"Lacrosse" Scott said breathlessly. I released a sigh of relief.

"Yeah let's go!" I told him patting him on the back as he stood up.

"Let's go one on ones today. Jackson! Take a long stick today." Coach yelled blowing his whistle. I sat and watched the players on first line line up. As players went against Jackson, he played defense and blocked every player. "Atta boy! That's how you do it! Greenburg take a lap! Let's go faster Greenburg!" Coach yelled. I looked and saw Scott was up next. "Let's go! McCall what are you from? Let's go. Hey McCall. Hey McCall!"

"You sure you still want to be first line McCall?" Jackson taunted after he completely demolished Scott.

"My-my grandmother can move faster than that. And she's dead! You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse which is my dead grandmother, McCall?" Coach said yelling and laughing at Scott.

"Yes coach" he mumbled.

"I can't here you" coach yelled.

"Yes coach" Scott said louder. I felt my eyes widen as I heard the tone in his voice. It was dark, it wasn't him.

"Then do it again. McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's goons do it again!" Coach chanted walking off the field. Scott got his stick then charged straight at Jackson sending him into the air. I cringed as he landed letting out a cry of pain. I looked at Scott and saw him gripping his helmet.

"Woah,woah, woah" coach kept repeating as he ran over to Jackson.

"Scott? Scott you ok?" I asked him shaking him.

"I can't control it Stiles it's happening." Scott said. He was heaving and I could see his yellow eyes.

"What's? Right here? Now? Come one. Come one" I said helping him up and running into the locker room with him. As we got into the locker room he threw himself against a row of bleachers. "Here we go. There. That's it. You ok? Scott you ok?" I asked him walking to him.

"Stay away from me!" He yelled ferociously. All of a sudden he was fully transformed. He lunged at me but I moved at the last second. I tried to hide but he crawled on top of the lockers. Something red caught my eyes. The fire extinguisher. I picked it up and sprayed him. When the stuff cleared Scott was there, the real Scott. "What happened?"

"You tried to kill me. It's like I told you before. It's your anger. It's the rising of your pulse. It's a trigger." I told him calmly.

"But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game if you haven't noticed." Scott told me. I nodded.

"Well it's gonna be even more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game." I told him.

"I'm first line" Scott told me.

"Not anymore" I said shaking my head.

Tori

"Tori you need to come to the hospital with me. Jackson was hurt today during practice and I need to check on him." Lydia said rushing into my room looking stressed out.

"Oh my gosh what happened? Can he play in the game on Saturday?" I asked freaking out.

"Scott charged at him sending him flying and he landed on his shoulder. He better be able to play on Saturday." Lydia grumbled. I slipped on a pair of black pumps and grabbed my purse.

"I'm ready" I told her. We both left for the hospital in my pure white Mercedes Benz.

"Hi we're here for Jackson Whittemore. He came in here for an injured shoulder." Lydia said to the receptionists.

"Oh yeah. He should be out soon just wait out here." The kind lady said pointing to the row of chairs behind us. We smiled as a thank you and took a seat. Lydia put in her Bluetooth head piece so she could talk on the phone with our cousin. Those two were like best friends.

About 10 minutes later Jackson walked out with a sling. "Separated shoulder" he told us.

"Can you play Saturday?" Was the first thing Lydia asked. Jackson looked shocked.

"Um no. I have as departed shoulder." He snapped at Lydia who frowned.

"Whatever. Tori, Jackson is coming with us." Lydia told me as we walked outside to my car. I nodded and sat in the drivers seat.

"Lydia get in the back it might hurt Jacksons shoulder if he climbs." I told her.

"But I'm wearing a skirt" she said gaping at me.

"Lydia just get in the car" Jackson seethed annoyed. Lydia huffed and got in. I glared at Jackson as he sat down. He's such an asshole.

"So our only shot at winning on Saturday is to have Scott play like a maniac now that you can't?" I asked Jackson not taking my eyes off the road.

"We're not going to win. I won't be there on the field and if you didn't realize in team captain." He snapped at me.

"I have a serious question for you." I told him.

"What?" He asked slightly confused.

"Is it possible for you to be even more of an ass because I really don't think it's possible." I asked him sarcastically.

"Bitch" he muttered.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"I sad that your a-"

"You two knock it off. I swear you act like little children sometimes." Lydia yelled from the back.

"He started it." Is all I said making my sister and Jackson both roll their eyes.