23

Tori

Stiles and I pulled up to the school at the same time as Lydia and Dave. Stiles rushed over to my side of the Jeep to open the door for me once he was out. He held a hand out for me which I accepted and stepped down. We continued to hold hands as Lydia and Dave stepped out as well. I saw Lydia looking at the silver Porsche parked right behind us.

Jackson and Allison climbed out of the car and started towards the school. "Jackson, you look handsome." Lydia told him. I could here the nervousness in her voice as she complimented.

"Obviously, it's Hugo Boss." Jackson cockily replied taking a sip of the shiny flask he had in his pocket. I rolled my eyes and turned to Lydia.

"You don't care. Us Martin's don't need compliments. We do not fall prey to society's desire to turn girls into emotional, insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark." I reminded her.

"Well I think you look beautiful." Stiles told me. I thought I was going to melt into a puddle. My guess was Lydia and Dave noticed too since they both smirked and shook their heads.

"Really?" I asked in a soft tone. He nodded grinning. I smiled and followed after my sister and her date into the school.

The gym was decorated and filled to the top with students. There was a dj playing music that blared through the speakers surrounding the gymnasium. I dragged Stiles over to an empty table where me, Lydia, Dave, and Stiles could all sit at.

"Me and Dave are gonna go get some punch and dance. If you need me, come find me." Lydia stated getting up and grabbing Daves hand. Me and Stiles then sat there in silence for the next 20 minutes. I don't understand why it was so awkward and quite. We were just fine in the beginning. I got tired of it and broke the silence.

"Stiles, let's go dance." I demanded standing up.

"Do you really want to?" He asked nervously making me roll my eyes.

"Obviously. I did just say we're gonna go dance didn't I?" I sarcastically asked him. He grinned and stood up grabbing my hand. I dragged him behind me into the middle of all the sweaty, nicely dressed, teens dancing.

The first couple of songs were fast songs, though at one point, the music stopped completely as Coach yelled at Danny for dancing with Scott. It's so weird, I swore Allison said Scott couldn't go to the dance but apparently he's here with Danny. Me and Stiles started cracking up earning annoyed glares from the students around us. We ignored them and continued having a good time. When the slow song came on, I started to feel a little nervous.

Stiles placed his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into him. I could hear his heart racing just as fast as mine was. "Stiles?" I asked pulling back to look at him.

"Mhmm?" He asked looking down.

"I just wanted to say that... That I re-" I was cut off from telling him my true feelings by a frantic Lydia tapping on my shoulder. I let go of Stiles and turned to her alarmed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, feeling Stiles eyes on me.

"Jackson. I can't find him anywhere. I was looking for him and he's no where to be found." She told me. I was slightly confused. Who the hell cares?

"Wait... So what. Your having a good time with Dave. Stop worrying about Jackson for once. He probably left or he's outside getting some fresh air." I suggested. She sighed and continued looking around.

"Can you just come with me onto the lacrosse field and see if he's there at least?" She begged me. I sighed and reluctantly agreed.

"Fine. Stiles, I'll be right back. It would be helpful if you looked around in here though. I have my phone with me so just text me if he's in here. I'm sorry, but I need to help my sister no matter what the reason is." I told him. He nodded understandingly.

"I understand. I'll text you if I find anything. I had a good time with you tonight." He smiled at me. I smiled back blushed. Our moment was cut short with Lydia tugging on my wrist. I waved one last time before following her out onto the lacrosse field.

"Jackson?" She yelled as we walked into the dark lacrosse field.

"Jackson! Jackson!" I yelled out. A set of lights turned on almost blinding me. Another set followed then another until all the lights turned on.

"Jackson! Jackson, is that you?" Lydia yelled squinting her eyes. I narrowed my eyes at the figure that was walking towards us. As it got closer we saw it was a man who grew fangs and had red glowing eyes.

"Tori! Lydia! Run!" We heard. I turned my head to see Stiles sprinting over to us. I heard the blood curdling scream of my sister next to me. I turned to see her fall limp onto the ground as blood fell from the man- creatures mouth. My eyes widened and I turned to run away when I felt teeth sink into my side. The pain was excruciating. I screamed feeling the immense burning feeling. As my vision blurred, Stiles caught me before I crashed onto the cold lacrosse field. His worried face and tear filled eyes were the last things I saw before I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a hospital gown and attached to a heart monitor. I blinked adjusting to the bright light and turned to see Lydia beside me. Outside the room was the Sheriff, some deputies, Jackson (surprisingly), and Stiles.

"Stiles" I croaked out. I couldn't speak louder than a whisper since my throat was so dry. I couldn't get out of bed since I was hooked on to the machine. "Stiles" I tried again, getting the same thing.

I moved slightly and winced. I moved the hospital gown out of the way and saw a large bandage covering my side. I carefully lifted up, feeling the tears burn my eyes at the pain. I gagged at the sight of the bloody bite wound on my body. I quickly covered it back up, to disgusted to look at it again.

I saw Stiles and Jackson leave the hospital together in a hurry. I saw my mother and my father talking to the police officers outside of the hospital window before I felt the familiar feeling of dizziness. My vision started getting spotted before I passed out for the second time today.