Ch. 2

CRASH! BANG!

"Brother, you must calm down." Aro said from his throne as his blonde hair brother destroyed his desk.

"How do you expect me to calm down when our mate is out there with... with..." He growled and kicked his chair into the wall.

"Felix and Demetri did the right thing, brother." Marcus chimed in. "Two men approaching a woman, a blind woman," he said with a slight growl, "would cause suspicion. Especially if the two other women were to come back as they were walking away."

"From what we saw, Master Marcus, they were not coming back." Felix said. "Also one of them whispered to the other about, 'ditching the nuisance'."

"Humans are such deceitful creatures." Aro sighed, and rubbed his temple.

He was agitated as well. They couldn't do anything though without exposing themselves. Mainly because the sun was now coming out.

"So we just leave her out there to sit and be picked up by another?" Caius was ready to run outside and pick her up himself.

Aro glanced at his brother, his red eyes smoldering with anger. "And what, brother, pray tell, we do?" His tone was calm, yet deadly.

Caius went to open his mouth when Heidi, a secretary and 'tour guide', came in and the smell of cherries and cucumbers became more prominent.

"Masters, there are a group of humans here. Shall I postpone lunch?"

"Is there a young woman, by chance, with maroon hair?" Aro asked.

"Yes?"

Aro smiled brightly. "Jane."

In a flash the small blonde vampire was beside him. "Yes, master?"

"Please take her from the group and into the garden. No harm is to become of her." He side glanced at her. "By anyone."

She nodded her head before walking out with Heidi to the group. She noticed the red-head, with sunglasses on. It confused her why she was wearing them inside the castle, but she walked up to her.

"Excuse me, miss?"

The woman didn't turn but jumped slightly.

"Yes?"

"I lost my brother and I was wondering if you could help me?"

A bleach blonde teenager, that stood next to her snorted. "Like she'd be much help."

Jane raised an eyebrow at her, and really wanted to use her gift, more than normal, for some reason.

"Val..." The woman turned her head in her direction and smiled. "I would love to help you, but..." She removed her glasses to reveal white eyes. "I can't exactly see anything."

Jane felt a rush of anger as she saw her eyes, for reasons she did not know as well, but she put on a smile.

"That's alright. I just need someone to accompany me is all."

"How old are you, sweetie?"

"13."

"Where are your parents?"

"They work in the castle and are currently too busy to help me..." She wasn't even trying to act helpless at this point.

Jane felt a pull towards this woman. A voice in the back of her head begging her to get this woman away from the blonde.

"I'll help you, hun. What's your name?"

"Jane."

"Well, Jane, it's a pleasure to meet you. Now," she held her hand out, the one currently not holding onto her stick, "let us go find your brother, shall we? Besides, I don't think a tour of a castle is the best thing for someone who can't even see, right?" She tried to joke.