Ch. 6

The sounds of murmuring woke Candace up from her sleep in, what she assumed was, the morning. The three vampire kings turned their heads at the sound of the sheets rustling and ushered Sexton and Heidi out of the room.

"What's going on?" The red head said sleepily as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Sexton has returned with your bags, il mio amore." Marcus said as he approached the bed.

"My bags?"

"Do not fret, darling, your parents were not harmed." Aro reassured her. "We had two of our guards go to your hotel room and retrieve your belongings, as well as your friend, Ashton?"

Her head perked up. "Is he okay?"

"Yes, of course. We would not hurt someone so close to you, my darling." Caius reassured her. "We already informed him of who and what we were and who you were to us. He took it surprisingly well."

"Where is he?"

Aro chuckled. "He is currently being chatty with Felix and Demetri."

"He talks a lot... those three will get along just fine."

"Would you like to shower, darling?" Marcus asked her.

She blushed at the thought of the kings helping her shower when Caius laughed lightly.

"We would not be the ones helping you, do not fret. Although you look positively appetizing right now." Aro wacked the snow blonde king in the shoulder as Candace's face turned even more red.

"Tesoro,(sweetheart) one of our guards will be assisting you, as well as being your personal guard until Ashton is ready to turn and passed his newborn faze. Her name is Lachesis."

Lachesis was a hybrid of sorts. She was born a demi god, but when Aro found her, and chose her to be in his guard, he turned her, or so the other guards believed. The French woman was 5ft 10in with red hair, not as dark as Candace's as red as cherries. At the mention of her name she knocked on the door. Aro let her in and she bowed.

"Masters. My Queen."

"You will assist her in showering and changing." Caius ordered. "And as of today you are her personal guard, until the time comes when that boy is ready. Is that clear?"

"Oui, Maître Caius."(Yes, Master Caius.)

"Darling, we have some business to attend to at the moment and may be busy all day, we apologize in advance-"

"It's alright, Marcus." She smiled. "You three go do what you have to do, I'll be fine here with Lachesis."

Aro, Marcus and Caius left the room, leaving the new guard and her alone.

"Are you ready to shower, miss?" She asked.

"Lachesis, before we do that, even though I can shower myself all you have to do is make sure I make it to the tub, I want to get to know you. You know, since we will be spending quite a bit of time together and all."

"Miss?" Lachesis tilted her head to the side in confusion, no one ever wanted to hear her story before.

"How about I tell you mine first?" She suggested. "Please, sit."

The other red head raised an eyebrow, but did as she was asked. Much like the other vampire guards, she felt a strange pull to this woman, like a sisterly bond. She was an only child growing up so she never knew what having sibling was like. As she listened to the story her anger rose, but she didn't let her know it.

"And that's my story." She chuckled. "It's funny... Normally I wouldn't be saying these things to people I just met, but... in a world full of vampires I guess anything is possible."