Ch. 18

"I see you've finally freed yourself from that seer." Demetri said, stepping closer to the stunned vampire.

"Only took a hundred years." Felix scoffed, but smiled warmly at the blonde.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Major Whitlock." Laci said, using his correct title.

Said man was still to stunned to speak. He just stood there silently, gazing upon the three other vampires, with great curiosity. Marcus, who was looking at their bonds, smiled as the gold began to glow brighter around the four of them. He grabbed Aro's hand, to show him the ever-growing bond.

"I-I don't understand... I've met Felix and Demetri before, but I've never felt-"

Felix growled. "It's because that shield you had with you." He hissed.

Shield? "Bella? She was only human at the time."

"Her powers seemed to have blocked our scents from you. We don't know any other way you wouldn't have known." Demetri said, caressing his cheek softly. "Felix, Laci and I felt the bond the moment you were born into this world. Then for a split second, you were gone, and we panicked. Then it was back, by then we knew you had turned. We searched for you, not knowing it was actually you, until that day we met with the newborn army. One look, one scent, and Felix and I knew we had finally found you."

"You didn't seem to recognize us one bit." Felix said, a bit hurt still. "But we had orders, and we had to return home."

"They told me how they met you." Laci said quietly. "They finally got to meet you, see you in person. I was actually a little jealous." She teased.

"We thought you'd search for us eventually, but that seer never let you come home." Demetri hissed, he hated Alice Cullen with a fiery passion. "And now that you are free from her and that shields power," he smiled and kissed the silent vampire softly on the cheek, "we can final spend eternity together."

"And I will gladly dance around her pyre." Laci stated, Felix agreeing.

One by one they kissed their mate: Demetri on the cheek. Laci on the lips. And Felix on his forehead.

"Come now, as much as we'd love to get to know each other," the red headed female said casting a wink at her temporarily mute mate, "you must get to your coven. Business before pleasure." She practically purred.

Jasper gulped and nodded.

"Send Carlisle my regards, Major." Aro said, startling the vampire who forgot he was even there. "We shall see you all first thing tomorrow morning. Addio!"(Farewell.)

After being excused by the kings, he followed his three mates out of the castle, where a car was waiting for him to take him to his family. They said their farewells and then Jasper was off once again. His brain needed to play catchup.

"Mates... All this time...?" he felt himself getting angry just thinking about the possibilities. "Alice had to of known about then, but how come I didn't recognize them when I first saw them? Bella was human, there was no possible way she could have stopped him from sensing them. What if..." he looked out the window, his eyes hardening. "It has to be someone from the guard that was there that day. It wasn't Jane, nor Alec. Obviously, it wasn't Felix or Demetri. What about that woman? What was her name again? Carrie? Cory?" His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Corrin..."

As soon as he returns to the castle with his family, he must speak to the kings. They might have a traitor amongst them.

That night Candace was sleeping. Laci, who was reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, courtesy of her queen, was on guard duty that night. Along with Jane and Alec who refused to leave the woman's side since her room was destroyed. They all knew something was up, they could all feel it. Felix and Demetri kept close watch on any activity around the entire castle. Lisa stayed with Alex, as requested by the kings. Oliver and Ashton kept guard around the wing the queen resided in, making sure no unauthorized personnel wandered in. The Kings, guarded by Sexton, Heidi and Corrin, were quietly coming up with plans. They new there was a rat in the castle, they just needed to make sure they figured out the right one.

Jasper stared up into the night sky, waiting for the sun to rise so they may go back to Volterra.

"I hope I'm right about this..." he thought. "Accusing a normal vampire of treason was one thing, but a member of the elite guard?" Not even his mating status would protect him from the king's wrath. He needed to think strategy. "Always be two steps ahead of your enemy." He knew exactly what to do, he just needed to convince the kings. Easier said than done.